**SPOILERS** TNA iMPACT! Taping Results (2 Weeks)
By Ryan Clark | July 31, 2006
Thanks to PWInsider.com for these:
- The show started with A1 coming out and talking about his match with Ron Killings and how he lost focus because of Killings' rapping. This led to a singles match between the two, which A1 won with a rollup with his feet on the ropes. This was either a dark match or taped for Xplosion.
- Jeremy Borash announced backstage that Sting will have Christian Cage in his corner for the match against Jeff Jarrett at the PPV. This brought out Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett, who complained about collusion between Christian and Jim Cornette. Jarrett complained that he wanted to talk to either Christian or Cornette. Slick Johnson came out and told them that there would be a "mandatory meeting" for them to attend with Cornette. Steiner punched out Johnson.
- LAX defeated Jerrelle Clark & Chasyn Rance after a double pin. Christopher Daniels & AJ Styles appeared on the screens. AJ Styles said he wanted revenge, but Daniels said that Styles wasn't cleared to wrestle, so Daniels challenged Homicide to a singles match for the next edition of Impact. Konnan got on the mic and said LAX was going to do whatever it takes to win the tag title at the PPV.
- Backstage, Jeremy Borash interviewed Samoa Joe. Joe said that Monty Brown made a mistake by getting involved in his business. Joe wondered if Brown was jealous of his success. Joe said he would take care of both Brown and Rhino at the PPV.
- Backstage, Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner were looking for Christian Cage, but found Jay Lethal instead and attacked him.
- Shane Douglas came out and cut a promo about how every great champion encounters a roadblock, and for the Naturals the roadblock is America's Most Wanted.
- The Naturals defeated America's Most Wanted when Chris Harris accidentally clotheslined James Storm, allowing Chase Stevens to get a rollup on Storm. After the match, Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett attacked the Naturals.
- Jarrett got on the mic and said he wasn't leaving until Christian came out. Larry Zbyszko came out on the ramp and said that he had just gotten off the phone with Jim Cornette. Zbyszko said Cornette had some orders, and if they weren't followed, they would suffer the same fate as Earl Hebner (be fired). One was that Scott Steiner would meet face-to-face with Jim Cornette, and the other was that Jeff Jarrett would have to leave the building for it.
- Petey Williams pinned Jay Lethal with the Canadian Destroyer in a five-way match that also included Sonjay Dutt, Frankie Kazarian and Alex Shelley. I believe this match was to determine a challenger for Senshi's X-Division Title at the PPV.
- Jim Cornette held his "mandatory meeting" with a group of wrestlers in the ring. He announced that at Hard Justice, America's Most Wanted vs. The James Gang vs. Frankie Kazarian & Matt Bentley vs. The Naturals would take place with the winning team getting a future title match with the winner of the LAX vs. Styles & Daniels match. He announced that Brother Runt will get his match against Abyss at the PPV. He announced Samoa Joe vs. Monty Brown vs. Rhino in a Falls Count Anywhere three-way at the PPV. Cornette then announced that on next week's episode of Impact, Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin & Sonjay Dutt will face Alex Shelley, Johnny Devin & Kevin Nash.
- Cornette then had everyone leave except for Christian and Scott Steiner. Cornette said he was placing them in a match against each other on Impact the following week, and if either man was able to eliminate the other so they couldn't be at Hard Justice, then so be it. Christian and Steiner exchanged words, then Christian left, but a "fan" in a Sting mask pulled Christian over the rail and attacked him. The fan turned out to be Jarrett, and he and Steiner laid out Christian to end the show.