Lots & Lots Of MMA Backsage News Inside
By Ryan Clark | March 10, 2007
- Lee Whitehead reports that Robert "Buzz" Berry is pulling out of his proposed match against Bob "The Beast" Sapp on the Cage Rage 21 card at Wembley Arena on 4/21. The word is that Berry is retiring from MMA competition. A new opponent for Sapp has yet to be announced.
- Bodog Fight on 2/20 scored a 0.2 rating and 211,000 viewers.
- Homer Moore vs. Extreme Combat Champion Chad Stubbs headlines the 3/30 Rage in the Cage 92 event at the Celebrity Theater in Phoenix, AZ. Tickets are available only through Celebrity Theater Box Office 602-267-1600 (Ext. 1).
- In September, UFC is looking to put a together the 3/3 Rick Franklin vs. Jason McDonald winner against the Nathan Marquardt vs. Anderson Silva winner.
- Former WWF wrestler Mike Barton (Bart Gunn) is still under contract to Pride for two more fights.
- Bob Sapp, who has been sought after by both TNA and WWE, will headline against Bob "Buzz" Berry for Cage Rage 21 on 4/21 in London. Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Vitor Belfort vs. Ivan Serati is also scheduled to fight. This show will is the same day as the UFC show in Manchester, England.
- Ken Pishna is reporting that Frank Mir is out of his scheduled bout with Antoni Hardonk on the 4/5 UFC Fight Night due to a shoulder injury.
- Electroshock of CMLL lost his most recent MMA match in the Dominican Republic. He is now 0-2 in MMA.
- There is a tentative plan for Bodog to do a major taping in Vancouver, BC in May.
- The State of Hawaii is close to regulating MMA shows. The office of the auditor report recommended it be regulated under the state Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
- MMA standout Gina Carano will once again be featured in the Oxygen network's reality show "Fight Girls." The second season premieres in June. The fights will be under Muay Thai rules.