By Ryan Clark | July 06, 2007
- Brad Armstrong is interviewed. He recalls Chris Benoit meeting a young boy after his match at Backlash. Benoit asks the boy his age, and when he answers seven, Benoit replies “I have a son who’s 7 also.”
- Investigators found Chris Benoit shirtless on the floor of a mirrored basement exercise room.
- Benoit had to drive 42 miles to Dr. Phil Astin’s office in Carrollton, GA.
- "They had a big house, and an entire room was devoted to crafts and making things," said Richard Decker, an Atlanta attorney who represents Nancy’s parents.
- Apparently at Nancy’s request, Benoit took a four-month leave from work last year to be with his wife while she recovered from surgery.
- "He wasn’t a monster," says friend and former wrestler Dean Malenko.
- Benoit is described as "broken man" following the death of best friend Eddy Guerrero.
- They also interviewed Marc Mero, Italian Stallion, and Rick Steiner.
- Years before their 2000 marriage, Nancy was charged with aggravated battery after, according to her then husband, wrestling Kevin Sullivan, she came after him with a knife. She admitted holding the knife, but the charge from the 1997 episode was eventually dropped.
- “I ended up being questioned.” This a direct quote from the current issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter when discussing the Wikipedia entry story that a nineteen year old college student from Stamford, CT posted an update hours before Police arrived to the Benoit home that Nancy Benoit was dead. When identifying the source, he said “Meltzer said it,” to give the story creditability. The way the web log was worded made people speculate that perhaps that Benoit had called Meltzer to admit he killed his wife before killing himself.
TNA Impact Wrestling Results, Live Coverage And Your Feedback
More On Kevin Owens Moving To Main Roster, His NXT Status
Neville Talks Bo Dallas Being Underrated, Wearing A Cape, Wrestling Seth Rollins On RAW
San Andreas Box Office And Reviews, Video Of The Rock Cementing His Legacy, Diva At Rock's Premiere
WWE Owen Hart DVD And Blu-ray Set Update, WWE SmackDown Viewership Down, WWE Stock
Kurt Angle On If He Thinks He Will Be Inducted Into The WWE Hall Of Fame
UFC Champion Reacts To Seth Rollins Title Win, Bethe Correia Clarifies Comment, UFN Weigh Ins
WWE Interested In A Former TNA World Champion?
Brock Lesnar Working First House Show In Eleven Years, Opponent Revealed
Brock Lesnar Returning To WWE Television
Possible Replacement For Rusev At WWE Elimination Chamber, Backstage Notes On His Injury
Top Star Possibly Injured At Last Night's WWE SmackDown Tapings (Updated With Photo)