The day WWE received word that Chris Benoit was found dead in his home along with his wife and son, WWE was in Corpus Christi, TX getting ready for a three hour Raw special focusing on the funeral of Mr. McMahon. Notes:
- "Daniel Beck" was scheduled to arrest Linda McMahon on the show. Linda would be deemed a murder suspect.
- All the wrestlers were told to bring black suits for the "funeral."
- As they were scripting eulogies, the sheriff's office called around 4PM to inform the company that Benoit and his family was dead.
- In weird irony, the raw set was already decorated with a casket and a hearse.
- WWE booked a choir for the funeral, and flowers and wreaths were being loaded into the arena.
- WWE was also setting up memorial candles and photos of Vince.
- Ted DiBiase was brought in for a cameo for the funeral. DiBiase helped to counsel people, many were described as basket caskets.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.