Brock Lesnar Discusses UFC Debut, Says 'Wrestling Is Fake'
By Ryan Clark | October 26, 2007
- Brock Lesnar's UFC debut will take place on February 2nd, "Superbowl Saturday". When asked who he wants to fight first, Lesnar said he'll leave that decision for Dana White.
- "Pro wrestling is fake .. this is the real deal". He is thrilled to be out of WWE because "he's still alive". Ouch.
- He's been considering MMA since 2000. He said he jumped at WWE's six figure deal right out of college, but had been thinking about MMA prior to that.
- He's very excited to be in UFC. This is a major opportunity and he will rise to the occasion.
- Brock is very excited to make a name for himself in the MMA world. This is not a joke for him - he trains daily and plans to come in at 150%. He's not setting himself up for a defeat. That's not in his vocabulary.
- UFC fighters better take him seriously. He has an awesome ground game obviously and guys who train with him say he's very good. Dana White put him over as a former amateur wrestler and NFL star.
- Overall, Lesnar came off as very confident. We'll find out on February 2nd if he's the real deal.