By Ryan Clark | March 09, 2008
- The TNA promo hit.
- A video package runs highlighting various TNA stars and the sacrifices they make in the ring to entertain us and achieve goals.
- Earlier today, we see Kurt Angle, AJ Styles and Tomko arriving. Jeremy Borash assures him that Jim Cornette will reverse the decision from Thursday's Impact and the Six Sides of Steel match. Styles asks about Karen and Kurt tells him to shut up and focus.
- A graphic opening hits welcoming us to Destination X. We then go live to The Scope Arena in Norfolk, VA where a series of pyro goes off in the entrance area.
- LAX's music hits to kick off the first match of the night.
- LAX defeated Lance Hoyt & Jimmy Rave and The Motor City Machineguns to become the #1 Contenders for the TNA World Tag Team Titles. The match kicked off with Chris Sabin and Homicide exchanging hip tosses and takedowns. Homicide with a big overhead suplex on Sabin. Shelley got the tag and The Guns executed a big double-team spot that saw Shelley hold Homicide's head back and Sabin connected with a big dropkick to the face. Lance Hoyt tagged himself in and then Hernandez tagged himself in as well. Hernandez had Hoyt up in a vertical suplex while Sabin, Shelley and Homicide all took out Jimmy Rave. Shelley with a big superkick on Homicide and Sabin with a dropkick on Hoyt. Rave with a big takedown on Shelly on the ring apron and Hernandez followed that up with a big dive over the top rope on Hoyt. The Guns with another double-team move on Rave. Rave with a big spinning takedown on Sabin. Shelley follows that up driving Rave's face into the ring. Rave follows that up with a big DDT on Shelley. Homicide with a T-Bone Suplex on Shelley, two suplexes next on Shelley and then sets Hernandez up to give Shelley a backbreaker. Homicide with a slingshot splash on Shelley. Hoyt and Rave with more offense on Shelley. Hoyt misses a moonsault attempt on Shelley and Shelley takes out Rave when he comes in. Hernandez with a diving double clothesline over the top rope on Hoyt and Rave. Hernandez tosses Rave by his head using his shirt across the ring and then a big slam on Hoyt. Hernandez with a huge sitdown powerbomb on Rave, but Shelley drops Hernandez with a reverse DDT. Hoyt takes out Shelley, Sabin with a DDT on Hoyt and Homicide with a gringo stunner on Sabin. Homicide with a dive to the outside taking everyone out allowing Hernandez to hit the Border Toss on Rave to get the pinfall. Great opener. After the match, they show highlights from the match. Joel and Jonny Fairplay from Survivor are shown at ringside as LAX celebrates.
- Backstage, Jeremy Borash is outside the office of Jim Cornette. Borash talks about the controversial finish to the Six Sides of Steel match on Thursday's Impact between Kurt Angle and Christian Cage. We see footage from other angles on how the match finished and who hit the ground first. Should Jim Cornette overturn Earl Hebner's decision is the question being asked of the fans tonight.
- A video package runs highlighting TNA X Division Champion "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal and his title defense against Petey Williams tonight.
- "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal defeated Petey Williams to retain the TNA X Division Championship. Petey Williams was accompanied to the ring by Rhaka Khan. Mike Tenay noted that Brian Hebner is the acting referee for this match. Match kicks off with Lethal taking down Williams in a quick arm drag. Williams fights back with a takedown of his own. Williams and Lethal roll around countering each other. Lethal attempted the Lethal Combination, but Williams countered and attempted his famous piledriver, but Lethal countered out of it. Lethal with an axe handle from the top rope on Williams. Impressive spot saw Lethal flip back and then flip again catching Williams with a huracanrana. Lethal took out williams on the outside and Rhaka Khan got in Lethal's face. Williams fights back with some quick offense on Lethal. Williams with a shoulder block from the ring apron and then a springboard spot driving his knees into the face of Lethal. Williams then goes to work on Lethal's arm and applies a headlock. Williams drops Lethal's head off the top rope and then connects with a springboard huracanrana over the top rope to the outside. Williams throws Lethal back in the ring and applies a front facelock to slow the action. Lethal fights back with some right hands and an elbow. Lethal drops Williams on his face and Williams somehow kicks out during a pinfall attempt. Williams drops Lethal across the ropes and Williams connects with a big dropkick. Williams with a side russian leg sweep and then calls for the Canadian Destroyer. Williams counters a huracanarana attempt into a powerbomb. Lethal fights back and gets a close pinfall on Williams. Lethal misses a dropkick and Williams applies a Sharpshooter. Lethal tries to go for the ropes, but Williams holds him back. Williams breaks the hold and goes for a Canadian Destroyer, but Lethal counters into the Lethal Combination. Rhaka Khan distracts the referee and Lethal gets thrown off the top rope by Scott Steiner. Williams then connects with the Canadian Destroyer, hooks the leg, but So Cal Val pulls the referees leg. Rhaka Khan goes after Val, but Sonjay Dutt runs out to protect Val. Williams then turns his attention back to Lethal and Lethal gets him in a small package to retain the X Division Title. After the match, Lethal celebrates with Sonjay Dutt and So Cal Val.
WWE Releases Brad Maddox Due To Dark Match Promo At Tuesday's WWE TV Tapings
WWE Talents Trying To Recruit ROH Tag Team?, Backstage Note On Lana's Heat, Money In The Bank
Top WWE Superstar Needs Neck Surgery After Recovering From Shoulder Surgery
WWE Releases Former RAW General Manager
Backstage Talk On A New WWE NXT Talent Having Potential To Make It As A Top Superstar
Sean Waltman Talks About Infamous Botch During A Match With Scott Hall, Having To Make Time Cues
More WWE NXT DVD Matches Revealed, John Cena's "Never Give Up" Gear, WWE 2K16 DLC Live Stream
Rumors On Two Possible RAW Returns, WWE Fans On Roman Reigns - Triple H, The Undertaker Update
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - New WWE World Champion Arrives, Superstar Returns, New Day, More
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
WWE Star Dealing With Personal Issues, Backstage WWE Breaking Ground Note, Nikki Bella On John Cena
Backstage Talk On Sheamus, Roman Reigns And The WWE World Heavyweight Title At Survivor Series