By Ryan Gray | April 23, 2008
- Howard Stern says he would not vote for a President of the United States that watches wrestling. Seems like a strange thing for Stern to say. Apparently, Stern has a very low opinion of the wrestling business. Now that's irony coming from Stern, who is one of the last guys I thought would have an antiquated, wrestling bias.
- I mentioned here last week that I thought it was a sound, promotional idea for the American Presidential candidates to appear on Monday Night Raw in some form, but I will admit that I was shocked when Clinton,Obama , and McCain all recorded messages specifically for the Raw audience. On the eve of the all important Pennsylvania primary, the Democratic hopefuls got the opportunity to be "regular Joe's" as did McCain who looks to have the Republican nomination for President locked up. None of them should quit their day jobs and look for work in 'rasslin, but they all seemed to be good sports in their recorded, cliche laden spiels.
- Some wrestling pundits really slammed the "match" between the impersonators posing as Hillary and Barack. I am not sure what folks expectations were for this "contest," but it was, plain and simple, nothing more than a publicity stunt that did garner a great deal of pub the week of a WWE pay per view. The WWE made air on media outlets that would never mention the WWE unless there was a tragedy or a scandal. While the "match" was not my personal cup of tea, it did not last long enough to offend me and I sort of got a kick out of the ovationUmaga received when he came to the ring to put an end to the frivolity.
- The added stipulation to the Fatal 4 Way WWE Title bout at Backlash, making it "Elimination Rules," is a good thing in my view. I like the fact that there could technically be three, separate eliminations before one man is left to claim the WWE Title.
- If you don't think HBK won't do all he can to "steal the show" Sunday night in Baltimore you might want to think again. The Michaels vs. Batista match has evolved nicely since WM24 and is arguably the most talked about match at Sunday's PPV. Following this one won't be easy.
- Joey Styles told me Monday in catering, no jokes please, that he was really enjoying his new gig at www.wwe.com. Joey seemed to be the most relaxed and comfortable that I have seen him since coming to work at the WWE. Joey has already instituted several changes to the WWE website with plenty more on their way. Joe said he was now a "retired announcer" and budding corporate executive. Styles is looking forward to the OKC RAW on June 30, as he considers himself a connoisseur of "Q" after living in Atlanta, and Joey knows his sacue…J.R.'s Bar-B-Q Sauce that is….and is planning on eating at one of our restaurants while he is in town.
You can JR's latest in its entirety by at jrsbarbq.com.
Paul Heyman On The Rock Avoiding Brock Lesnar, Lesnar's Schedule, If Conor McGregor Is A Bigger Draw
Ric Flair On Wanting John Cena To Tie His Record, Why AJ Styles Is Not The Next Shawn Michaels, More
WWE Star Gets Stitches At RAW (Photo), Rich Swann And Cedric Alexander Celebrate, Fans On Last Night
Conor McGregor Fighting For Another Title At UFC 205, Rampage Jackson Says He'd "Whoop Brock Lesnar"
D-Von Dudley Comments On New WWE Job, Roman Reigns Photographed With US Title (Video), Dolph Ziggler
Broken Matt Hardy Reveals Favorite BFG Moment, Chris Hero Trains With New TNA Star, Jessie Godderz
WWE Star Says Smackdown Is "Way Better" Than RAW, Rusev Goes Nuts Backstage After RAW Match (Video)
Mick Foley On Getting Verbally Pants By Stephanie McMahon, TJ Perkins Makes RAW Debut (Video), More
WWE Clash Of Champions Results - New Champion Crowned, Best Of 7 Series, Chris Jericho, More
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Title Matches, Tag Main Event, Cruiserweights, Seth Rollins, More
Seth Rollins Reportedly Injured At WWE Clash Of Champions Last Night
Rene Dupree On Possible Chris Benoit Conspiracy, How Benoit Tragedy Affected His WWE Future, More
Donald Trump's WWE Pay Revealed?, More On RAW Competition, Linda McMahon On If She'll Run Again
Cesaro On His Status After WWE Clash Of Champions, WWE Hell In A Cell Promo, D-Von Dudley's New Job
WWE Live Event Results From Chicago (9/24): Brock Lesnar Vs. Randy Orton, Triple Threat Main Event
Seth Rollins Receives Standing Ovation After WWE Clash Of Champions Goes Off The Air (Video)