By Ryan Gray | April 23, 2008
- Howard Stern says he would not vote for a President of the United States that watches wrestling. Seems like a strange thing for Stern to say. Apparently, Stern has a very low opinion of the wrestling business. Now that's irony coming from Stern, who is one of the last guys I thought would have an antiquated, wrestling bias.
- I mentioned here last week that I thought it was a sound, promotional idea for the American Presidential candidates to appear on Monday Night Raw in some form, but I will admit that I was shocked when Clinton,Obama , and McCain all recorded messages specifically for the Raw audience. On the eve of the all important Pennsylvania primary, the Democratic hopefuls got the opportunity to be "regular Joe's" as did McCain who looks to have the Republican nomination for President locked up. None of them should quit their day jobs and look for work in 'rasslin, but they all seemed to be good sports in their recorded, cliche laden spiels.
- Some wrestling pundits really slammed the "match" between the impersonators posing as Hillary and Barack. I am not sure what folks expectations were for this "contest," but it was, plain and simple, nothing more than a publicity stunt that did garner a great deal of pub the week of a WWE pay per view. The WWE made air on media outlets that would never mention the WWE unless there was a tragedy or a scandal. While the "match" was not my personal cup of tea, it did not last long enough to offend me and I sort of got a kick out of the ovationUmaga received when he came to the ring to put an end to the frivolity.
- The added stipulation to the Fatal 4 Way WWE Title bout at Backlash, making it "Elimination Rules," is a good thing in my view. I like the fact that there could technically be three, separate eliminations before one man is left to claim the WWE Title.
- If you don't think HBK won't do all he can to "steal the show" Sunday night in Baltimore you might want to think again. The Michaels vs. Batista match has evolved nicely since WM24 and is arguably the most talked about match at Sunday's PPV. Following this one won't be easy.
- Joey Styles told me Monday in catering, no jokes please, that he was really enjoying his new gig at www.wwe.com. Joey seemed to be the most relaxed and comfortable that I have seen him since coming to work at the WWE. Joey has already instituted several changes to the WWE website with plenty more on their way. Joe said he was now a "retired announcer" and budding corporate executive. Styles is looking forward to the OKC RAW on June 30, as he considers himself a connoisseur of "Q" after living in Atlanta, and Joey knows his sacue…J.R.'s Bar-B-Q Sauce that is….and is planning on eating at one of our restaurants while he is in town.
You can JR's latest in its entirety by at jrsbarbq.com.
Legend Says WWE Is Shoving Sasha Banks "Down People's Throat", Sasha & Bayley Note, Charlotte's Goal
Paige Hoping Brand Extension Leads To Slighter Easier Schedule, Sasha Banks At Comic-Con Today
US Serviceman's WWE PC All Access Report: Meeting Bayley, Bin Wang Doesn't Smile, Promo Class, More
Charlotte Hawaii Swimsuit Photos, John Cena Hosting Awards Show This Sunday, Mark Henry, WWE Shop
Jasmin St. Claire Talks Her Worked Sex World Record, Raven On What Caused His Mental Issues
Enzo Amore Has Tattoo Inspired By WWE Hall Of Famer, Shinsuke Nakamura, Daniel Bryan And Mick Foley
Santino Marella On Jim Cornette Slapping Him Backstage, Vince McMahon, WWE Release, His Gimmick
John Cena And Dean Ambrose At RAW Again, RAW Stars At SmackDown, Seth Rollins On Fans "Missing Out"
Possible Reason For Charlotte Dropping WWE Women's Championship, WWE Shop, Flair On Charlotte
Former WWE Superstar Returning For The RAW Brand Soon, Update On Other Names Rumored To Return
More Details On Backstage Fight At WWE SmackDown, Which WWE Star Has Heat With Other Wrestlers?
Two More WWE NXT Releases Today
Joey Styles On Why Vince McMahon Pushes Roman Reigns, Shelton Benjamin On His WWE Return
Did Triple H Or Vince McMahon Book Finn Balor On RAW?, Photo Of Braun Strowman Getting New Look
Never Before Seen WWE Bikini Pics (Photos), Charlotte Talks Learning From Sasha Banks And Bayley
Ric Flair Thinks Roman Reigns Should Have Beaten Finn Balor, Says Smaller Stars Won't Headline Mania