Elijah Burke was released from World Wrestling Entertainment because he didn't have anyone behind him on the creative team. Burke had not appeared on WWE television in over four months -- since around Memorial Day. Burke initially started out as a project under Court Bauer on SmackDown, and then moved to ECW at the request of Paul Heyman. Dave Lagana, who was writing ECW TV over the course of 2007, gave him a solid push that year. However, Bauer quit, Heyman was booted out of WWE, and Lagana was fired, so Burke was left to fend for himself without any backers. This resulted in him completely being taken off the road by June. Why no one saw anything in Burke after Lagana was let go remains a mystery.
The November 7th edition of WWE Smackdown scored a 2.1 broadcast rating, tying the show's high for MyNetworkTV. While it tied the high rating, the show had its highest overall audience thus far.
Here are the changes to the "Raw is Eddie" show that is included in the Eddie Guerrero DVD box set from Best Buy:
* All Chris Benoit close-ups have been deleted from the entire broadcast
* Johnny Cash's "Hurt" has been changed to generic music
* The Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit as Double Champions moment from Wrestlemania XX has been deleted
* Chris Benoit talking about the lessons he learned from Eddie Guerrero has been removed
* Stephanie McMahon talking about meeting Eddie Guerrero for the first time has been deleted
* In the Eddie Guerrero and his Mamacita (Chyna) part, most close ups of Chyna are cut as well as her dialogue
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.