By Ryan Clark | May 12, 2009
* "I have never understood how some, vocal fans feel that they have "lost all respect for J.R." for doing such things as kissing Mr. McMahon's ass or being a pawn in the Backlash/Santina skit. Many have declared that I should have quit my job and "walked off." I can only imagine that many of these fans are young and have never held regular jobs or have a family to care for."
* "These uncomfortable moments on TV are just that and are intended to elicit a reaction. These matters are entertainment based and are fictional. It's like playing a Native American, of which I am one, on a TV western and being scripted to be killed by the Calvary. Can you imagine any actor portraying a Native American refusing to follow the script? Me neither. Certainly they could refuse out of misguided principles but they might find themselves having a hard time finding work."
* "Others have suggested that I will "be kicked to the curb" as soon as WWE can find someone to replace me. Interesting thought process. I have an entirely different perspective of my work and feel I can still carry my share of the water. When I can't do so any longer then I need to be "kicked to the curb." The good news is no one will have to have a benefit for me and my departure won't be like many in the wrestling business where I won't have a pot to p*** in or a window of which to throw it out."
* "After dedicating 35 years of my life to the wrestling business, one would think that some fans would have a different perspective but that is simply the world we live in. I know my style of work isn't for everyone. I know that some people who hide behind phony names enjoy making fun of my issues with Bells palsy or the fact that I have far from a body builders physique. Poor me, as Tony Soprano used to say."
* "For the record I am still having a blast at work because I love "calling" wrestling matches and being around the business I have followed, at times too passionately, since I was a young kid and, yes, believe it or not I was a young kid at one time."
* "Is today's business my personal cup of tea, not always. But when a guy like me gets to broadcast a HBK-Undertaker match at an event like Wrestlemania that's pretty much Heaven on Earth for an old school guy like me."
Visit JrsBarBQ.com to read his blog in its entirety.
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Offers His Thoughts On Hulk Hogan Controversy
Firemen Help With WWE Tough Enough Challenge, More On Daniel Bryan Book Success, ZZ Dressed Down
Kevin Nash Says WWE Has Taken The Market, Gives Credit To Triple H, Talks Being A Dolph Ziggler Fan
More On John Cena Suffering A Broken Nose, Big Jump For WWE Stock, Kevin Nash: Too Sweet
How Did Ring Of Honor's Late Airing Do On Destination America?, TNA Impact Viewership Up
Former WWE Creative Writer Speaks Out About Brock Lesnar Gay Character Storyline Pitch
WWE SmackDown Live Viewing Party
John Cena Injury Update From Last Night's RAW
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
Sting Not Appearing At WWE SummerSlam After All?, Speculation Among WWE Talents Backstage
Scott Steiner Gives His Thoughts On Hulk Hogan Controversy And Racism
JTG Talks How Black Wrestlers Are Portrayed In WWE, How Cryme Tyme Gimmick Happened