By Ryan Clark | June 12, 2009
- Maureen Toffoloni has also filed suit on behalf of the estate of Nancy Benoit and the estate of Daniel Benoit, both of which she controls
- The suit seeks financial damages to cover the "full value" of the deceased lives, along with money for pain, suffering and expenses and requests a jury trial.
- They filed on June 10th of this year, and presented 134 pages of documents to support their claims. This also included an affidavit from Gary I. Wadler, an MD who supported the family's claims, which were that Chris Benoit was under the influence of CNS depressants, opioids and anabolic androgenic steroids when he murdered his family and then committed suicide.
- Wadler is also the Chairman of the World Anti-doping Agency. He was also outspoken against the WWE Wellness Policy in a CNN documentary about the Benoit tragedy. His comments on that were: "[The WWE policy] certainly falls far, far short of where it needs to be...And there is a gold standard, and I measure all these sporting and entertainment activities against this gold standard. And [the WWE is] miles apart."
- There is no mention of concussions, post-concussion syndrome or any acknowledgement of Chris Benoit being a professional wrestler. There is also no mention of WWE.
- The WZR Radio staff (Ryan Clark and Jose Rivera) will be in New York City tomorrow (Saturday) prior to the Ring of Honor show at the Hammerstein Ballroom. We will be meeting up at the Dallas BBQ at 5EST. The location is right on the corner of 23rd and 8th avenue. Please come down and meet us. We'll be there from 5 until about 6:30 and look forward to meeting you!
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson And Michael Bisping Turn Back The Clock In Their UFC 186 Co-Main Events
Will WWE Air JR's Mick Foley Opener?, Jerry Lawler's Macho Man Sketch, Enzo And Big Cass, Connor
Goldust Wants Stardust To Get A Title Shot, WWE Extreme Rules Buzz, Tough Enough Audition Videos
WWE Main Event Results (4/25): Lucha Dragons Vs. Ascension, Axel Vs. Fandango, Brie Vs. Alicia Fox
Triple H Talks Relationship With Vince McMahon, His Backstage Duties For WWE, More
WWE Superstars Results (4/25): Jack Swagger Vs. Bad News Barrett, Tag Team Champions In Action
"UFC 186: Johnson Vs. Horiguchi" Results: UFC Champion Sets Unbeatable Record, Rampage Jackson, More
Three More WWE NXT Wrestlers Cut
WWE Releases Two NXT Wrestlers
Goldberg Says He'll Wrestle Again, Comments On If It Will Be For WWE
TNA Impact Wrestling Results: Kurt Angle Destroyed, Kong Vs. Terrell, Mickie James' Announcement
CM Punk Note, Roman Reigns And Dean Ambrose At Comic-Con, WWE Weekend Notes, WWE Shop Sale