By Ryan Clark | June 12, 2009
- Maureen Toffoloni has also filed suit on behalf of the estate of Nancy Benoit and the estate of Daniel Benoit, both of which she controls
- The suit seeks financial damages to cover the "full value" of the deceased lives, along with money for pain, suffering and expenses and requests a jury trial.
- They filed on June 10th of this year, and presented 134 pages of documents to support their claims. This also included an affidavit from Gary I. Wadler, an MD who supported the family's claims, which were that Chris Benoit was under the influence of CNS depressants, opioids and anabolic androgenic steroids when he murdered his family and then committed suicide.
- Wadler is also the Chairman of the World Anti-doping Agency. He was also outspoken against the WWE Wellness Policy in a CNN documentary about the Benoit tragedy. His comments on that were: "[The WWE policy] certainly falls far, far short of where it needs to be...And there is a gold standard, and I measure all these sporting and entertainment activities against this gold standard. And [the WWE is] miles apart."
- There is no mention of concussions, post-concussion syndrome or any acknowledgement of Chris Benoit being a professional wrestler. There is also no mention of WWE.
- The WZR Radio staff (Ryan Clark and Jose Rivera) will be in New York City tomorrow (Saturday) prior to the Ring of Honor show at the Hammerstein Ballroom. We will be meeting up at the Dallas BBQ at 5EST. The location is right on the corner of 23rd and 8th avenue. Please come down and meet us. We'll be there from 5 until about 6:30 and look forward to meeting you!
Total Divas Recap: Big E. Dates Nattie's Sister, Bryan's Toilet, Paige Gets Heat, More
More Details On The Jimmy Snuka Murder Case, Why It Was Reopened
Brock Lesnar's Opponent For WWE Network Special From Madison Square Garden Revealed
Kelly Kelly Talks Vince McMahon Showing Her How To Dance, Paul Heyman Coming Up With Her Gimmick
Dolph Ziggler Talks Partying With Lana In NYC And Their Relationship, Getting Busted Open At Payback
Updated Card For Live WWE Network Special From Madison Square Garden Next Month
What Happened After SmackDown, More On Adam Rose's New Look And Gimmick, Natalya And Family
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Sting Returns, John Cena Cashes In, Beat The Clock, More
Dolph Ziggler On Rusev Dating Lana, WWE Tough Enough Future, Xavier Woods Talks To WWE Stars
WWE Releases Zahra Schreiber
WWE Comments On A Potential Hulk Hogan Return
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week