By Ryan Clark | June 12, 2009
- Maureen Toffoloni has also filed suit on behalf of the estate of Nancy Benoit and the estate of Daniel Benoit, both of which she controls
- The suit seeks financial damages to cover the "full value" of the deceased lives, along with money for pain, suffering and expenses and requests a jury trial.
- They filed on June 10th of this year, and presented 134 pages of documents to support their claims. This also included an affidavit from Gary I. Wadler, an MD who supported the family's claims, which were that Chris Benoit was under the influence of CNS depressants, opioids and anabolic androgenic steroids when he murdered his family and then committed suicide.
- Wadler is also the Chairman of the World Anti-doping Agency. He was also outspoken against the WWE Wellness Policy in a CNN documentary about the Benoit tragedy. His comments on that were: "[The WWE policy] certainly falls far, far short of where it needs to be...And there is a gold standard, and I measure all these sporting and entertainment activities against this gold standard. And [the WWE is] miles apart."
- There is no mention of concussions, post-concussion syndrome or any acknowledgement of Chris Benoit being a professional wrestler. There is also no mention of WWE.
- The WZR Radio staff (Ryan Clark and Jose Rivera) will be in New York City tomorrow (Saturday) prior to the Ring of Honor show at the Hammerstein Ballroom. We will be meeting up at the Dallas BBQ at 5EST. The location is right on the corner of 23rd and 8th avenue. Please come down and meet us. We'll be there from 5 until about 6:30 and look forward to meeting you!
Jim Ross Blogs About Stars WWE Can Bring In For WrestleMania 32, Daniel Bryan Not Getting Cleared
Daniel Bryan's Trainer Talks About Working With Shawn Michaels, His Attitude, Training Bryan, More
Most Personal WWE Grudges Of All-Time, Xavier Woods And JoJo Play Power Rangers, More
Sound Off: What Will Be The WWE Championship Match At WrestleMania 32?
William Regal Reveals His Favorite Wrestling Moment; Talks Dressing In Drag On RAW, More
The Rock On People's Choice Nomination, WWE Shop Black Friday Sale, Daniel Bryan Appearance Tonight
WWE Hall Of Famer Says He's Still Feuding With Jerry Lawler, Talks Getting Heat In Memphis, More
Backstage Talk On WWE Pushing Roman Reigns To The WWE World Heavyweight Title, Turning The Fans
Raven On Why He Recently Sued WWE, Drinking With Shane McMahon, Impressing Vince McMahon, More
WWE Legend Pulled Due To Health, The Wyatts Vs. The Dudleyz, The Undertaker Gets WWE DVD Cover
Kurt Angle Talks About His Best Friends In WWE, Brock Lesnar Demanding To Lose To Him, Best Workers
Former WWE NXT Creative Assistant Nails It In Rant About WWE's Product And Their Ratings Decline