By Ryan Clark | June 12, 2009
- Maureen Toffoloni has also filed suit on behalf of the estate of Nancy Benoit and the estate of Daniel Benoit, both of which she controls
- The suit seeks financial damages to cover the "full value" of the deceased lives, along with money for pain, suffering and expenses and requests a jury trial.
- They filed on June 10th of this year, and presented 134 pages of documents to support their claims. This also included an affidavit from Gary I. Wadler, an MD who supported the family's claims, which were that Chris Benoit was under the influence of CNS depressants, opioids and anabolic androgenic steroids when he murdered his family and then committed suicide.
- Wadler is also the Chairman of the World Anti-doping Agency. He was also outspoken against the WWE Wellness Policy in a CNN documentary about the Benoit tragedy. His comments on that were: "[The WWE policy] certainly falls far, far short of where it needs to be...And there is a gold standard, and I measure all these sporting and entertainment activities against this gold standard. And [the WWE is] miles apart."
- There is no mention of concussions, post-concussion syndrome or any acknowledgement of Chris Benoit being a professional wrestler. There is also no mention of WWE.
- The WZR Radio staff (Ryan Clark and Jose Rivera) will be in New York City tomorrow (Saturday) prior to the Ring of Honor show at the Hammerstein Ballroom. We will be meeting up at the Dallas BBQ at 5EST. The location is right on the corner of 23rd and 8th avenue. Please come down and meet us. We'll be there from 5 until about 6:30 and look forward to meeting you!
Rashad Evans Returns To The UFC After Two Years, Ronda Rousey Gets Called Out, More
Kurt Angle Returns To Action, TNA Crowd Shots From Saturday Night, Gail Kim Vs. Awesome Kong, More
Daniel Cormier And Alexander Gustafsson Have Close Championship Fight, Jon Jones Next?
Final Card For Tonight's TNA Bound For Glory Pay-Per-View, Live Coverage Reminder
Photos: Billy Corgan Inducts Earl Hebner Into The TNA Hall Of Fame At Live Event
WWE Fan Ejected From Live Event, WWE Network To Air NXT Festival Matches?, Update On Carmella
WWE Live Event Results From Bangor (10/3): No DQ Match, Jack Swagger, Divas, El Torito, More
WWE "Live From MSG: Lesnar Vs. Big Show" Results - Steel Cage Match, Team PCB, Kane, More
Why John Cena Is Taking Time Off, Top WWE Star And Hall Of Famer Added To Tour, Daniel Bryan Removed
Finn Balor Responds To CM Punk's Balor - Grado Comment, WWE NXT Attendance Note, Birthdays
Final Card For Tonight's Live WWE Network Special From MSG, Live Coverage Reminder
Scott Hall Talks Being "Uncomfortable" After WWE Return, Giving Sting His "Crow" Gimmick, Drug Abuse