As noted late last night here on the website, it is believed that Candice Michelle
's less than stellar appearance at the television tapings in Los Angeles a few weeks ago ultimately sealed her fate with company officials. She had not been seen since WrestleMania, but when she arrived at the shows in Los Angeles, she didn't look "Diva like," and there were those who felt she was ready to leave the company and move on. She told officials she was just about ready to return from her latest injury, but they gave very little leeway because she is a woman and there is a weight issue. The impression on her was always that she wasn't someone with a naturally thin body, and that she had to work very hard to look the way she did, and when you get older, fighting those genetics gets much harder. Several photos of a much heavier Candice Michelle have been posted online and she does not look very good at all. In a company where the women are primarily there for their looks, some felt she didn't have that look anymore, so they decided to let her go.
A few wrestling stars have reacted online to Candice Michelle's release from World Wrestling Entertainment:
* Jim Ross via the Q&A section on his official website: "She's smart and has made many contacts and has a successful husband so I see her life as being really good. There actually is life after wrestling." (in response to the following question: "Hey, JR with the news about Candice Michelle's release, I was wondering what do you think the future holds for her?")
* WWE Diva Maria via Twitter: "I wish Candice all the best!! She is a beautiful sexy women and has so much ahead of her!! Kisses for her!"
* Former WWE Diva Shelly Martinez via Twitter: "BTW I really like Candice Michelle, I wish I had a way to contact her. She is too good for WWE!!"
* Former WWE Diva Ashley Massaro via Twitter: "Sorry to hear about that sh*& girly im sending direct mess w my num if u wanna vent xoxo" (directing a tweet to Candice)
* WWE Diva Layla via Twitter: "cuz how would I know that? Yes love candice but she is happy was ready for a change ....that's my friend so don't be she isnt" (in response to a tweet)