TNA IMPACT! Results (3/22) - Mick Foley Fired, More!
By Ryan Clark | March 22, 2010
• Video package highlighting the Matt Morgan-Hernandez feud.
• That leads us to Matt Morgan's entrance. Hernandez attacks him from behind. He looks mad. Hernandez beats Morgan on the ramp and sends him into the ring to start the match.
Hernandez v. Matt Morgan
Hernandez forces Morgan to the outside. He attacks Morgan on the ground and slams his face against the apron. Hernandez then slams Morgan's head on the steel steps. Hernandez lifts Morgan and sends his back into the apron. After some punches, he rolls Morgan inside. Morgan begs for mercy and tries to call timeout. Hernandez boots him in the chest. He takes off his shirt and chokes Morgan. He then tosses Morgan to the other side of the ring. He repeats the attack. Stinger Splash from Hernandez to Matt Morgan. He lifts Morgan and sends him to the mat. Super Mex lifts Morgan and whips him into the corner. He charges but Morgan throws him to the outside. Hernandez pulls Morgan outside. He tries to throw a punch but Morgan avoids and Hernandez's hand clashes with the steel ring post. Matt Morgan delivers a KILLER boot to Hernandez's head against the steel post. He goes back inside and tells the ref to check him. Ref throws up an X ending the match.
WINNER: Matt Morgan...?
Hernandez squash for the most part. I loved the Carbon Footprint into the ring post. It looked ugly
• Medical staff look at Hernandez. The announcers put on their serious voice and discuss what Matt Morgan just did. Homicide is even out to make this seem more serious.
• We return with a replay of the Carbon Footprint into the steel ring post. We see the EMTs put Hernandez into an ambulance. Various faces (and Shannon Moore) watch Hernandez go away. Taz and Tenay still have their serious voices on.
• Recap of THE BAND'S victory last night. I didn't watch because I hate seeing Scott Hall looking old and fat, but he looked pretty good.
• James Storm and Robert Roode are out to start the main event. RVD and Jeff Hardy make their entrances (separately) and I wonder which theme song is worse. Both are pretty awful. Tenay lets us know we are going to stay with the match until it's conclusion.
Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam v. Beer Money Inc
Jeff Hardy and James Storm start the match. Storm attacks with several blows to the head. He whips Hardy but Hardy slides out of the ring and slams Roode to the floor. He gets back in and shoulderblocks James Storm. Hardy elevates James Storm onto Robert Roode on the outside. Jeff Hardy sets up a ladder between the guardrail and the ring and we get an awful placed commercial break.
We get a commercal cut in seeing RVD delivering a legdrop to Robert Roode on the apron.
We're back. Rob Van Dam poses but that lets Robert Roode whip him into a corner. Roode charges but Van Dam puts up an elbow. Moonsault crossbody from RVD to Roode. James Storm gets tagged in quickly and pokes RVD in the eye. Storms runs off the ropes but Rob Van Dam kicks him. Van Dam tags in Jeff Hardy who comes in with punches. Inverted Atomic Drop by Hardy is followed up with a legdrop. Front Suplex delivered by Hardy. He makes the cover but Bobby Roode breaks it up.
Hardy tries an attack in the corner but Roode pushes him off the turnbuckle as we learn Tara and Daffney have a first blood match next week. Roode gets tagged in and attacks the face of Jeff Hardy. Neckbreaker by Roode. He covers and gets a two count. Storm tagged in. They double team Jeff Hardy prompting Taz to say VINTAGE BEER MONEY. Chinlock applied by James Storm to Jeff Hardy. Hardy gets to his feet and tries to elbow his way out. Storms sends Hardy to the mat and tags in Robert Roode. He taunts RVD. RVD tries to come in but that distracts the ref and allows Roode to choke Hardy. Chinlock applied by Roode. Hardy gets to his feet and delivers a jawbreaker to Roode. Hardy runs off the ropes but Roode catches him with a spinebuster. Cover gets a two count.