TNA IMPACT! Results (3/29) - The Wolfpac, Styles Vs. Jarrett!
By Ryan Clark | March 29, 2010 |
• Weird music plays and someone comes down from the rafters...in yellow caution tape. Taz lets us know it's Orlando Jordan. Wow. He crawls in the ring for a bit before turning his attention to a camera on the ramp. He crawls down the ramp and stops. Tenay and Taz look disgusted. Orlando walks around the fans for a bit and stops. Curtains raise and we see a lady and guy sitting in on a couch. OJ joins them and just watches. Odd.
• We go to Jeremy Borash in the back. She's mad because Daffney stole her spider. She says it isn't about submissions or pinfalls, it's about blood. Daffney runs in with a punch and the ladies brawl in the back. Tara slams her face against some steps. She then throws Daffney into a gate. More face first shots into the steel gate from Tara. Their match is up next.
• Sometime in the last segment or the one before that, they mentioned TNA is going to have an earlier start time next Monday. It'll begin at 8PM Eastern Time and end at 10PM EST. I'll have the coverage here on 411mania.com.
Tara © versus Daffney
First Blood Match for the Knockouts Title
We return with the ladies brawling on the stage. The bell rings and the match is officially underway. Tara slams Daffney's face into some of the stage. She tries to capitalize but Daffney kicks her and slams Tara's face into some steel. Daffney then decides to bite Tara in the head. She pulls the hair and asks the ref to check Tara. Tara takes Daffney down and attacks her around the announce table. She drags Daffney down some steps and pull her hair. Daffney gets out of Tara's grasp and kicks her. Daffney whips Tara into the platform the announce desk is on. Daffney grabs some cable and chokes Tara with it. She drags Tara by the cable. Daffney looks under the ring and finds a tool box and a broom. She nails Tara with the broom twice. Tara rolls into the ring and Daffney has the broomstick, this time it's broken in half. She tries to stab Tara with the sharp stick but Tara stops her. They struggle but Tara eventually overpowers Daffney with a kick. Daffney tries to stab her but Tara nails her with a boot. Widow's Peak from Tara to Daffney. Daffney picks up the toolbox and slams it across the head of Daffney. Ref checks Daffney's face and there is blood (apparently).
I guess this was entertaining. If you like the hardcore stuff, you'll dig this match. Just an okay bout to me though.
• Camera finally gets a closeup of Daffney and the blood is there (although barely). Daffney licks her blood and stares at Tara.
• Another video package recapping the stuff between Foley, Bischoff and Jarrett.
• Jeff Jarrett is out with his music and pyro. The World Champ is out sans Ric Flair after. Styles gets to the ring and Chelsea finally wheels Flair down the ramp.
Jeff Jarrett versus AJ Styles
If Jarrett wins, he's the number one contender after LockDown
Styles and Jarrett grapple. Styles sends Jarrett to the mat and poses. Another grapple. Styles gets a headlock but transitions into a snapmare takedown. He messes with the back of Jarrett's head and poses again. Another grapple. Styles wrenches the arm but Jarrett reverses. Another reverse from Styles. Hip toss from Styles to Jarrett. Styles stops the match with a pseudo-Flair strut. Chinlock applied by Styles. Jarrett tries to take him off but Styles takes him to the mat with a shoulder. Arm drag by Jarrett. That's followed up with a hip toss. A bunch of right hands to Styles and that's followed up with a huge atomic drop. Jarrett clotheslines AJ out of the ring and does the Jarrett strut. Ric Flair is mad. Jarrett goes to the outside and slams Styles' head against the guardrail. He throws AJ back in. AJ attacks Jarrett when he gets back inside. Chop in the corner by Styles. Styles whips Jarrett into the corner and misses a splash. He whips Jarrett but Jarrett tries a boot. Styles catches the leg but Jarrett takes him out with an enziguri. Cover gets two.