TNA IMPACT! Results (3/29) - The Wolfpac, Styles Vs. Jarrett!
By Ryan Clark | March 29, 2010 |
Jay Lethal versus Beer Money Inc
Lethal tries to punch Roode but Storm breaks it up. Roode and Storm take turns attacking Jay Lethal with strikes to the face. Storm and Roode whip Lethal and take him down with a huge back body drop. On the outside, Roode punches Lethal. They then whip Black Machismo into the steel steps. Storm rolls Lethal back in the ring and they perform a double-team suplex. Roode lifts Lethal but Black Machismo attacks him with a punch. A punch to Storm follows that. Roode cuts him off and they deliver their finisher. Storm goes to get a drink of beer but Lethal rolls up Roode for the victory.
WINNER: Jay Lethal
Nothing really to say here. Just done to further the "Lethal is annoying Bischoff" angle that's been going on tonight.
• Lethal channels his inner-Stone Cold Steve Austin and celebrates with beer after the match. Bischoff is angry.
• Tenay and Taz update us on the condition of Hernandez. Taz says it could be several months before he returns. Tenay lets us know Hernandez has a herniated disc. They close by wishing him well and letting us know Matt Morgan will speak next week.
• Desmond Wolfe and Chelsea are out for the match with D'Angelo Dinero. We get video of their confrontation from earlier. The Pope joins them shortly after.
D'Angelo Dinero versus Desmond Wolfe
Pope takes off his shades and the ref rings the bell. Wolfe attacks him quickly and slams him to the mat. He lifts Dinero only to slam him to the mat again. Dinero reverses the hold into a hammerlock on the mat. Wolfe gets up and sends Pope into the ropes to break the hold. Wolfe elbows the Pope. He follows that up with an uppercut. Leg drop to the leg of the Pope is followed up with a leglock. Dinero turns it around but Desmond Wolfe reaches the ropes. Both men up. Wolfe kicks Dinero and takes him down with an uppercut. He slams Pope's face into the turnbuckle. He and Chelsea share a glance at one another before he goes back to do more damage. Wolfe takes Dinero down with an arm twist. He wrenches the arm and takes Dinero to his knees. Dinero tries to slap Wolfe but Wolfe attacks hm. Dinero gets to his feet and takes Wolfe out with a cross chop. Inverted atomic drop by Pope. Dinero takes Wolfe down with a shoulder block. Series of reversals on the whip is followed up by a Thesz Press. Pope misses a backhand slap allowing Wolfe to send him into the corner. Wolfe misses an assault allowing Pope to thrust Wolfe in the face. Big elbow drop by the Pope. Chelsea takes the attention of Earl Hebner allowing Desmond Wolfe to wrap a steel chain around his fist. He punches Dinero and gets the victory.
WINNER: Desmond Wolfe
I think Pope needs as many victories as he can get right now but the guys booking TNA think otherwise. It was an entertaining match but that's all these two guys have produced against each other.
• Kurt Angle is on his way to the Impact Zone.
• The new TNA steel cage is set up for the main event but Kurt Angle is out. Fans chant Angle as Taz and Tenay wonder why Angle is out instead of any of the men in the six man tag. Angle discusses his feud with Anderson and scoffs at the idea that Anderson is better than him. Angle says he's an Olympic champion that has made a career out of winning and playing by the rules. He says he's had control for the majority of his career but Ken Anderson has caused him to lose control. He goes over the Mr. Anderson's attacks and says he and Anderson have a date in the steel cage. He says the ending of the match will see Kurt Angle covered in the blood of Mr. Anderson.