TNA IMPACT! Results (4/5) - New Knockouts Champion!
By Ryan Clark | April 05, 2010 |
Storm lifts RVD as Tenay tells us TO CALL AND TEXT OUR FRIENDS AGAIN and delivers a veritical suplex. He covers and gets a two count. Chinlock applied by Cowboy James Storm. Fans will RVD to his feet and he punches his way out of Storm's grasp. RVD bounces off the ropes and reverses a knee into a rollup. Two count. Big spin kick by RVD after. Both men down. They get up and trade blows. RVD catches a Storm punch and delivers three of his own. He punctuates it with a huge kick. Storm gets up with the ropes but RVD catches him with a clothesline. Rolling Thunder by Van Dam. He covers and gets a two count.
RVD catches Storm by the ropes but Storm nails an enziguri. Eye of the Storm from James Storm. He covers and RVD kicks out before the three count. RVD reverses a Storm whip but puts up an elbow when RVD tries to capitalize. RVD blocks a slam and kicks Storm in the face. He slams Storm to the mat and connects with the split-legged moonsault for the win.
WINNER: Rob Van Dam
Solid opening bout. Built to the Lethal LockDown match and didn't hurt anyone.
• Storm nails RVD in the face with a beer bottle after the bout. He smiles as the ref calls for help. Storm tries to take off the medical guys but security escorts him out of the ring. A commercial cuts off Taz mid-sentence
• We return with a replay of James Storm's action. RVD and Storm are still exchanging looks when Jeff Hardy comes out. He nails Storm in the back and brings him to the ring. He throws him out and poses. Enter Robert Roode. He delivers a big Spinebuster to Jeff Hardy. Security tells him to leave and he does.
• Christy Hemme is with Tara, Angelina Love, ODB and Hamada, one team from the KnockLock deal, or whatever it was called. Tara calls it a joke and says she'll do her best to pin someone. Angelina Love shares Tara's thoughts and says there is no fair in wrestling. She says she's going to win the Knockouts Title but Tara scoffs at the premise. Hemme is left with ODB and Hamada. ODB wants the conract so she can go after AJ Styles. Hamada says..something and that ends our segment.
• Homicide is out for his Global Championship match. I wonder who he beat to earn it.
Rob Terry versus Homicide
Global Championship Match
A bunch of chops from Homicide start us off. Terry takes him out with a clothesline and chokeslams him off of the top rope. Homicide avoids an attack in the corner and strikes Terry with a bunch of chops. Homicide tries a monkeyflip but Terry shrugs him off. Terry lifts Homicide up for a military press slam and holds up Homicide for 20 seconds or so. Terry lifts Homicide and throws him across the ring (CALL YOUR FRIENDS is said again by Mike Tenay). Homicide throws a strike but Terry no-sells it. Terry tries a powerslam but Homicide squirms out. In the corner, Homicide flies off the ropes and into Terry's arms for the front powerslam. That's all.
WINNER: Rob Terry
I'm glad Tenay let us know Terry was asking for these matches during the bout. Beyond that, the match was pretty dull.
• Homicide strikes Rob Terry after the match. He throws the chair into Terry's head but it does nothing. Terry takes Homicide out with the David Otunga spinebuster and stands tall, he has blood on his head though.
Orlando Jordan is on the stage with some New Orleans-esque mask. He spills lotion all over his chest and eats it. That was all. Odd.
• April 18th is the date of the LockDown PPV, I don't think I've ever typed that.