The UFC has released middleweight fighter Lucio Linhares. Linhares had won five in a row prior to entering the UFC, but lost his two UFC bouts, prompting the release. He lost the first fight due to submission at UFC 107 against Rousimar Palhares. He then lost at UFC Fight Night 21, to Yushin Okami via a second-round TKO. A ringside physician cut short his night, due to lacerations and facial injuries.
The UFC has also released lightweight fighter Caol Uno (25-13-5) following his first-round TKO loss to Gleison Tibau at UFC Fight Night 21 on March 31. Uno is a longtime veteran of MMA who made his return to the UFC last year following a six-year absence from the company. He finally made his long awaited return to the UFC at UFC 99 last year in a losing effort to Spencer Fisher. Following that loss, he went on to fight Fabricio Camoes to a majority draw at UFC 106. Needless to say, Uno really needed a victory if he wanted to keep his job with the UFC when he faced Tibau at UFC Fight Night 21 last week. After suffering the first-round loss to Tibau, it was widely believed that it was only a matter of time before the UFC parted ways with Uno, which is exactly what they did today.
Here are the weigh-in results for tomorrow's UFC 112: Invincible PPV, everyone made weight…
* Champ Anderson Silva (185) vs. Demian Maia (184) - for middleweight title
* Champ B.J. Penn (155) vs. Frankie Edgar (154) - for lightweight title
* Matt Hughes (170) vs. Renzo Gracie (171)
* Rafael dos Anjos (156) vs. Terry Etim (154)
* Kendall Grove (185) vs. Mark Munoz (185)
* Phil Davis (204) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (205)
* John Gunderson (154) vs. Paul Taylor (155)
* Nick Osipczak (170) vs. Rick Story (169)
* Brad Blackburn (170) vs. DaMarques Johnson (170)
* Paul Kelly (156) vs. Matt Veach (155)
* Mostapha Al Turk (235) vs. Jon Madsen (252)
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.