TNA IMPACT! Results (4/12) - Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, More!
By Ryan Clark | April 12, 2010 |
Roode reverses a Twist of Fate attempt into a Spine Buster. He covers Jeff but Hardy powers out before the three count. Hardy gets out of a Roode suplex and connects with the Stunner. He climbs the turnbuckle but James Storm is out. Hardy kicks him off but Roode climbs the ropes and punches Hardy. Hardy shoves him off and connects with the swanton bomb. That's all.
WINNER: Jeff Hardy
• Jeff Hardy gets nailed in the eye with a James Storm fireball. Or that's the the announcers said. My television froze as the fireball came out. RVD tries to make the save but Beer Money make quick work of him. No replay of the fireball.
During the last match, Tenay let us know that the opening match at LockDown was a bout between James Storm and Rob Van Dam. The winner will receive the early 2-on-1 advantage in the Lethal LockDown match that night.
• Jeff Hardy is taken to the back by some medical guys. Apparently the inability to see the fireball wasn't just on my tv, the censors didn't let them show it. Tenay puts on a serious voice and says we can find it on TNA's website.
• RECAP of the Kurt Angle-Mr. Anderson feud is shown after Tenay and Taz run down the LockDown card. Of course, you can find all of the LockDown coverage you need here at this fine website.
• Jeremy Borash is with D'Angelo Dinero. Pope says his prayers are with Abyss but Pope has a job tonight. He says he has a match between two people BUT IN COMES JAY LETHAL. He tells Pope to take care of the Model. He'll take care of the Dynamite Kid. OOOH YEAH~! from Lethal and he leaves. Pope departs shortly after.
• DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER~! is in the crowd. Taz says he's a cool guy. D'Angelo Dinero makes his entrance after the shot of Dog. BLACK MACHISMO's music plays~! Sadly for us, we see Robert Roode and James Storm beating him up backstage. Lethal tries to fight back but Roode takes control of him. Roode tries to slam Lethal into a wall but Lethal reverses it. Storm comes back on screen and breaks a bottle on Lethal's head. AJ Styles and his robe are out next. Chelsea wheels Flair after. It took me a while but I'm digging Flair's "crazy old man" gig tonight. AJ Styles says Jay Lethal has a drinking problem courtesy of Beer Money. He says it looks like a handicap match is on and calls Desmond Wolfe out.
HULK HOGAN creeps in the smoke and nails Desmond Wolfe in the back with a steel chair. He tells security to take Wolfe out as we see Pope throwing Styles off the ramp into the guardrail. Tenay lets us know Jeff Hardy is okay as Pope beats up Styles on the outside.
D'Angelo Dinero and Jay Lethal v. AJ Styles and Desmond Wolfe
Pope sends Styles in the ring and I guess we have a match. Pope puts Styles on his shoulders but Styles pokes Pope's eyes. Pope gets kicked to the mat. Styles lifts Dinero up but Dinero punches Styles in the chest. Pope takes his kneepads down and sets up for the codebreaker. Flair gets out of the wheelchair and attacks Pope with the belt, causing the DQ.
WINNER: D'Angelo Dinero
• Ric Flair, Beer Money and AJ Styles beat up D'Angelo Dinero after the match. Flair takes his belt off and gives Pope a whipping. Styles lifts Dinero and throws him out of the ring. Hulk Hogan is on the stage and Ric Flair is really mad. The two stare down, with Hogan looking more cautious than anything. That's the show for tonight