Various News: Daniels-ROH, Major CHIKARA Issues, & More News
By Ryan Clark | April 23, 2010 |
-- CHIKARA made the following announcement today: "We regret to inform all our fans that Valiente and Turbo will not be appearing as advertised at this weekend's King of Trios 2010. Also affecting the tournament, we regretfully report that CHIKARA is severing all ties with Jorge 'Skayde' Rivera effective today. We share in your extreme disappointment, and be assured that this was not part of our plans in any way, shape or form. Please accept our apologies in the wake of these truly unfortunate circumstances."
-- As reported above, Valentino and Turbo will not be appearing at the CHIKARA King of Trios event. Also, CHIKARA has ended their relationship with Jorge "Skayde" Rivera. According to sources, Skayde tried to hold the company up after they had purchased non-refundable airline tickets for the three mentioned above. He did this after CHIKARA had already advertised the team. One source in the company says that they were going to give into the demands, as to not disappoint the fans. CHIKARA then discovered that Valiente and Turbo were being advertised for dates in Mexico this weekend and wouldn't be appearing anyway. After that, Skayde reportedly emailed CHIKARA from the airport with more demands, and threatened to prevent other Lucha talents who were booked from getting on their planes to Philadelphia.
-- There is a lot of anger right now from CHIKARA, as Skayde has always been portrayed as a "founding father" of the company.
-- Christopher Daniels is set to face Kevin Steen on May 7th in Manassas and then Eddie Edwards on May 8th in NYC.
-- Here is the card for ROH's return to Dayton on tonight…
* ROH World Title Match: Tyler Black defends vs. Kenny King
* Pick Your Poison Match One: El Generico faces Steen and Corino's choice: Roderick Strong
* Pick Your Poison Match Two: Steve Corino & Kevin Steen face El Generico's choice: The Briscoes
* Pick 6 Series Match: (3) Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn vs. Petey Williams
* Grudge Tag Team Match: The Necro Butcher & "Skullkrusher" Rasche Brown vs. Erick Stevens & Shawn Daivari with Prince Nana
* The Dark City Fight Club vs. The American Wolves with Shane Hagadorn
* Austin Aries & Rhett Titus vs. Josh Raymond & Christian Able with Truth Martini
-- Here is the card for ROH's return to Chicago on Friday, April 24th…
* Main Event #1- ROH World Title Match: Tyler Black (if still champion) defends vs. Chris Hero
* Main Event #2- Come-As-You-Are Street Fight: Colt Cabana & El Generico vs. Steve Corino & Kevin Steen
* Pick 6 Challenge Match: (1) Roderick Strong vs. (4) Davey Richards
* "Final Countdown Tour: Chicago" Rematch: Petey Williams vs. Rhett Titus
* The Briscoe Brothers vs. Austin Aries & Kenny King
* ROH World TV Champion Eddie Edwards vs. The Metal Master
* Josh Raymond & Christian Able with Truth Martini vs. Erick Stevens & Shawn Daivari with Prince Nana