**SPOILERS** TNA IMPACT! Results For Thursday
By Ryan Clark | May 17, 2010 |
* They're doing a Make a Wish for a kid named Trent who wanted to compete in a ring. It's Team 3D & Trent Dunn vs. Beer Money, Inc. Winner after a 3D through a table with Trent getting the pin, Team 3D & Trent Dunn.
TNA iMPACT! (Airing Thursday on Spike TV):
* The show is starting with a segment in the ring about the top ten contenders.
* Eric Bischoff out w/ Ms. Tessmacher. He knows everybody has been waiting for the #1 contender to the championship. He, Hulk Hogan and Dixie Carter are the deciding committee and factor in win/losses, previous champions and fan votes.
* Everybody but Angle came out on the stage as their name was announced. Sting will face RVD for the title at Slammiversary. Samoa Joe left during the names being called. Sting came to the ring and Bischoff congratulated him on wrestling RVD for the title but tonight he'll show he deserved it by wrestling Jeff Hardy. Sting smashes the signs in the ring with his baseball bat then says if he, Hogan and Dixie want change so bad he should change how he walks and then smashes Bischoff's leg with his bat. All the babyfaces go in for the save but Sting uses the bat to keep them all away. Hardy gets the bat and gets in Sting's face. Hardy then throws away the bat and Sting gives Hardy a low blow. RVD comes out and distracts Sting while Hardy recovers and hits a reverse DDT. Hardy goes up for a Swanton but Sting gets away.
* Roxxi vs. Madison Rayne. Winner via cradle DDT stunner type move, Roxxi.
* Kurt Angle is back and comes to the ring for a promo. He's noticed some changes since he started here four years ago. He was one of the elite and one of the best. But with guys like Hardy, RVD and Mr. Anderson around plus guys who elevated themselves like AJ Styles and even Jay Lethal he's not one of the best anymore. He says he'd wrestle for free. It was never about the money, it was about competing and being a winner. He says he'll be a winner forever. He's at a crossroads now and has accomplished everything you can do. He's going to start from scratch and take his name off the top 10 list and wrestle everybody on the list. He promises to have some of the best matches you'll ever see and that's real, damn real.
* Orlando Jordan is on the catwalk hooked up and ready to rappel down. Orlando Jordan (after being slowly lowered down) vs. Rob Terry. Terry is limping and his left leg is heavily bandaged. Hebner called for the bell while Jordan had Terry in a front ankle lock. I didn't see Terry tap but Hebner gave the X sign. Jordan wouldn't break the hold and all the referees rushed into help. Jordan broke the hold but attacked Terry again as he was being checked and put the ankle lock back on. He broke the hold again and left. No announcement of who won. Terry got helped to the back by security.
* Beer Money, Inc. vs Jay Lethal (as just Jay Lethal, no Black Machismo) & Rob Van Dam. Lethal and RVD win after a Lethal figure four leglock to Robert Roode. Ric Flair came out afterwards and attacked Lethal on the ramp. They fought to the back as RVD watched on. RVD went around slapping hands with fans and Sting came out of the crowd and hit him with a chair, beat him up and then left. Hardy came out afterwards to check on RVD. Hardy gets in the ring and says he makes his living walking to the beat of a different drum but no one really knows what's going on in his head. He grew up watching Sting and now he's in TNA with him. He dares for Sting to figure out what's in his mind now and says he and his creatures of the night will take him to the furthest reaches of his imagination.