Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
An update on Daniel Bryan's firing: it was due to pressure from an outside source following Monday night's angle. The choking with the tie and spitting in John Cena's face were the two main sticking points, and Vince McMahon is said to have had no choice. It is almost a guarantee that this is not a work, since that would mean WWE had lied to everyone with any power in WWE. They have all been told that Daniel Bryan is gone for real.
It seems very clear that Bryan is being used as a scapegoat. It also appears to me that someone from the outside (not WWE management) was the one who threw a fit and WWE had no choice but to fire him for now.
To recap, here are the key bullet points:
* The Justin Roberts spot was deemed too violent and it led to the firing, in a call made by Vince, but forced upon him by an "outside force who is important"
* Complaints came in very quickly.
* The decision was explained to the merchandise and marketing people, PR team, company doctor before it was announced that it was a legit firing.
* The person who complained was someone from the "outside, important to the company"
* Danielson is being called a "scapegoat"
* No timetable has been given, but he was said to be left with the impression that he would be welcomed back at a later time once things pass over.
* Danielson is now looking for indy dates.
* Danielson has a 90 day no-compete clause.
* With respect to the possibility of Vince working his own employees, he's definitely capable of it, and a much more "insane" situation is currently going on with a much bigger name than Danielson in WWE right now.
* Sources in WWE believe they will lose him to TNA, Once source said they just "made a TNA main eventer"
Subscribe to The Wrestling Observer by clicking here. Each issue has coverage and analysis of all the major news, plus history pieces. New subscribers can also receive free classic issues.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.