Tons Of ROH News & Notes: Homicide, Davey Richards, Glory By Honor IX Replay
- It was announced that Davey Richards will get his ROH World Title shot on December 18th, 2010 at "Final Battle 2010" live on iPPV. After recent rumors of possible retirement after 2010, Davey recently said that he's not going anywhere because this is what he is meant to do. He is not leaving and his sights are clearly set on winning the ROH World Championship. Take a look at the interview that aired during "Glory by Honor IX":
- Christopher Daniels had a very impressive weekend as he continues to establish that he is one of the best in the world and a top contender for the Ring of Honor World Championship. Daniels went to a 30 minute draw with Tyler Black on Friday night in Plymouth, MA and then defeated Austin Aries at "Glory by Honor IX" with the Angels Wings off the top rope. After his match on Friday Daniels claimed that after "Glory by Honor" he wanted to be the first in line for a Championship match. With the impressive amount of wins over the last few months it is inevitable that Daniels will receive a Championship match sometime soon.
- Homicide made his surprise return to Ring of Honor last Saturday at "Glory by Honor IX". After the iPPV went off the air, Homicide claimed he would fight everyone in his way to get the title from new champion Roderick Strong at "Final Battle 2010" in December. ROH officials have said that they are happy to see the return of Homicide however he is not entitled to a championship match and he will have to work his way up the ranks to earn a shot at the most prestigious championship in wrestling today. Homicide will start his climb on Friday night October 15th in Dayton, OH and he will also compete on Saturday night October 16th when ROH returns to Chicago Ridge, IL. Tickets for both of these events are available right here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/store.php?sec=cat&cat=30.
- Ring of Honor is pleased to announce the participation of current ROH World Champion Roderick Strong and current ROH World TV Champion Eddie Edwards in the Pro Wrestling NOAH 4th annual NTV Cup Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team League. This tournament will be held during the upcoming Autumn Navigation 2010 tour taking place from 10/15 – 10/30. These two wrestlers will unite for the annual tournament and look to bring the title of being 2010 Nippon TV Cup Junior Heavyweight Tag League Champions back to the USA. "We know that our World and Television Champions will represent us well in the tournament" said ROH President Cary Silken. Ring of Honor congratulates both men and they are on a mission to become the first gaijins to win the prestigious tournament.
- The Kings of Wrestling versus Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin was possibly the best tag team match of the year. Both teams brought the house down in New York City as they battled to see who was the greatest tag team in the world, and although it was The King's who came out on top, Haas and Benjamin definitely earned the respect of the ROH faithful. We here at ROH would love to have Haas & Benjamin back and we are sure they both have more to prove.