Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
-- It is said that creative writer Michael Hayes brainstormed the finish to The Undertaker vs. Kane match at Hell in a Cell, which saw Paul Bearer turn on "The Deadman" by using the mystical urn's "mysterious incandescence" to weaken him. The portly manager then handed the one-time dentist the object, which he then used as a weapon against Booger Red.
WWE SmackDown!: The 10/8 show drew a 1.8 cable rating with 2.61 million viewers. This placed the show at No. 5 on cable for the night and was a bump from last week's debut show that drew a 1.74 rating with 2.5 million viewers. While some in the wrestling media killed the debut rating, it was up 153% and 224% among the Syfy demographics in people 18-49 and males 18-49 over the prior four weeks in that same timeslot. Syfy officials are hoping the show can improve to a 2.0 rating or higher.
TNA iMPACT!: The live 10/7 show drew a 1.33 cable rating with 1.73 million viewers. It was one of the highest rated episodes for iMPACT! since January. The show drew a 1.0 in males 18-34 and 1.22 in males 35-49, which were above normal levels. The show was ranked No. 8 on cable for the night.
TNA ReAction: The live 10/7 show drew a 0.71 cable rating with 899,000 viewers. It was the first time the show aired live following iMPACT!.
WWE Superstars: The 10/7 show drew a 0.65 cable rating with 658,000 viewers. The replay drew a 0.23 rating with 221,000 viewers.
WWE Monday Night RAW: The 10/4 show drew a 3.35 cable rating with 4.78 million viewers. It went head-to-head with a Patriots/Dolphins Monday Night Football game on ESPN that drew a solid 10.4 rating. It was a big bump after the show took a dive in the ratings the two weeks prior.
-- Here are some recent WWE attendance figures:
* 10/6 in Hidalgo, Texas (SmackDown!): sellout of 7,000 fans.
* 10/7 in Monterrey, Mexico (SmackDown!): 10,000 fans (one of the lowest attended in that city).
* 10/8 in Mexico City, Mexico (SmackDown!): 9,000 fans (another small average for WWE).
* 10/8 in Anaheim, California (RAW): 5,000 fans (another low number for that market).
* 10/9 in Mexico City, Mexico (SmackDown!): no crowd reports from the second night.
* 10/9 in Stockton, California (RAW): 4,500 fans.
* 10/10 in Guadalajara, Mexico (SmackDown!): 7,500 fans.
* 10/10 in Yakima, Washington (RAW): no crowd reports from the show.
* 10/11 in Seattle, Washington (RAW taping): 8,500 fans.
Subscribe to The Wrestling Observer by clicking here. Each issue has coverage and analysis of all the major news, plus history pieces. New subscribers can also receive free classic issues.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.