The Creative Mind Behind Taker/Kane HIAC Finish, WWE/TNA Ratings
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter-- It is said that creative writer Michael Hayes brainstormed the finish to The Undertaker vs. Kane match at Hell in a Cell, which saw Paul Bearer turn on "The Deadman" by using the mystical urn's "mysterious incandescence" to weaken him. The portly manager then handed the one-time dentist the object, which he then used as a weapon against Booger Red.
WWE SmackDown!: The 10/8 show drew a 1.8 cable rating with 2.61 million viewers. This placed the show at No. 5 on cable for the night and was a bump from last week's debut show that drew a 1.74 rating with 2.5 million viewers. While some in the wrestling media killed the debut rating, it was up 153% and 224% among the Syfy demographics in people 18-49 and males 18-49 over the prior four weeks in that same timeslot. Syfy officials are hoping the show can improve to a 2.0 rating or higher.
TNA iMPACT!: The live 10/7 show drew a 1.33 cable rating with 1.73 million viewers. It was one of the highest rated episodes for iMPACT! since January. The show drew a 1.0 in males 18-34 and 1.22 in males 35-49, which were above normal levels. The show was ranked No. 8 on cable for the night.
TNA ReAction: The live 10/7 show drew a 0.71 cable rating with 899,000 viewers. It was the first time the show aired live following iMPACT!.
WWE Superstars: The 10/7 show drew a 0.65 cable rating with 658,000 viewers. The replay drew a 0.23 rating with 221,000 viewers.
WWE Monday Night RAW: The 10/4 show drew a 3.35 cable rating with 4.78 million viewers. It went head-to-head with a Patriots/Dolphins Monday Night Football game on ESPN that drew a solid 10.4 rating. It was a big bump after the show took a dive in the ratings the two weeks prior.
-- Here are some recent WWE attendance figures:
* 10/6 in Hidalgo, Texas (SmackDown!): sellout of 7,000 fans.
* 10/7 in Monterrey, Mexico (SmackDown!): 10,000 fans (one of the lowest attended in that city).
* 10/8 in Mexico City, Mexico (SmackDown!): 9,000 fans (another small average for WWE).
* 10/8 in Anaheim, California (RAW): 5,000 fans (another low number for that market).
* 10/9 in Mexico City, Mexico (SmackDown!): no crowd reports from the second night.
* 10/9 in Stockton, California (RAW): 4,500 fans.
* 10/10 in Guadalajara, Mexico (SmackDown!): 7,500 fans.
* 10/10 in Yakima, Washington (RAW): no crowd reports from the show.
* 10/11 in Seattle, Washington (RAW taping): 8,500 fans.