Brock Lesnar Finally Denies WrestleMania XXVII Rumors
In his first interview since losing the UFC Heavyweight Championship to Cain Velasquez last October, Brock Lesnar dispelled the long-standing rumor that he had been interested in participating in this year's WrestleMania event.
"That thing just took on a life of its own," Lesnar told Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports. "I'm a fighter. There wasn't anything there. I never pursued anything, no."
Lesnar added that he doesn't spend much time online and wasn't initially aware of the abundant rumors.
To read the story, go to http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-lesnar012511
As we noted late last night here on the website, on the same day two weeks ago (January 12) that UFC President Dana White shot down online rumors of Brock Lesnar appearing at WrestleMania XXVII in Atlanta, Georgia, he met with Vince McMahon in New York City. It was largely assumed that McMahon would make a proposition for Lesnar to appear at WrestleMania XXVII. It is said that while their encounter was cordial, nothing changed regarding the former WWE Champion appearing at the annual pay-per-view spectacular.
Of those talked to regarding the matter, no one within WWE believes Lesnar will be allowed to appear at the event.
"I don't think he thought it was as hard as it turned out to be," one company source stated regarding McMahon's attempt to land Lesnar for WrestleMania XXVII.
It was not the first time McMahon and White have met. White said in a June 2008 interview that he had breakfast with the wrestling kingpin weeks prior to the interview. White has always been publicly respectful of McMahon, and one source feels that the UFC President notices similarities between himself and the WWE Chairman as promoters.