WWE® #1 in Cable Friday and Monday
STAMFORD, Conn.-- WWE's Monday Night Raw® on USA Network and Friday Night SmackDown® on Syfy ruled cable as the most watched programs on their respective nights. The strong viewership is building towards WWE's biggest event of the year, WrestleMania® XXVII, which will feature the most electrifying host in entertainment, The Rock®.
With 3.55 million viewers this past Friday, SmackDown was the most watched program on Syfy since August 2008. The show beat well-known shows Phineas and Ferb (Disney Channel), The O'Reilly Factor (FOX News Channel) and the NBA regular season games (ESPN) as the most watched that night.
Monday Night Raw's 5.6 million viewers beat American Pickers, Pawn Stars (History Channel), and both college basketball regular season games (ESPN). It was watched by more viewers than Chuck and The Cape (NBC), as well as every program on CW.
Monday Night Raw ratings highlights include:
* Most watched program on all television (broadcast and cable) among males under 55, including 18-49 and 25-54.
* Most adults 18-34 and 18-49 on all of cable and every program on NBC and CW.
* More adults 25-54 on all of cable and every program on CW.
Friday Night SmackDown ratings highlights include:
* Most watched television program (broadcast and cable) among all males (M2+) than every program on NBC, FOX, ABC, CW and all of cable.
* Most watched television program (broadcast and cable) among all adults 18-49 and 25-54.
* Watched by more than 1.2 million female viewers, beating all programming on CW, TLC, A&E, Food Network, Lifetime, Hallmark and Oxygen.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, Galaxy Explorer 2/25/11 & 2/28/11, live + same day impressions.
Chris Weidman Finishes Vitor Belfort, Defends Middleweight Title, Heavyweight Fight Steals The Show
New UFC Light Heayvweight Champion Crowned, Winner Challenges Jon Jones
Triple H And Seth Rollins To Feud?, Samoa Joe Talks NXT Debut, Five Former WWE Divas Reunite
TNA Executive Gives Props To WWE For NXT, JoJo Splits Ring Announcing Duties, SmackDown - Twitter
Discovery To Heavily Promote TNA Impact Wrestling Change, Backstage Note On Upcoming TNA Tapings
WWE Diva Calls Out Retailer, Finisher For Erick Rowan And Luke Harper, Hideo Itami, Solomon Crowe
Kurt Angle Talks About Not Signing With WWE And If He Has Issues With Triple H, Slammiversary
CM Punk Posts Light Hearted Tweet About Wrestling Again, Promoter Wants To Book Samoa Joe Vs. Punk
TNA Announcer Blasts WWE Hypocrisy After Samoa Joe Debut, TNA Live Event Tickets, Slammiversary
Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Natalya And Others Remember Owen Hart
Ronda Rousey Responds To David Spade Not Wanting Her To Wrestle For WWE
Backstage News On Samoa Joe's WWE Contract, Injured WWE Superstar Grows A Beard, Sami Zayn