Jeff Hardy was described as being "a mess" in the hours that led up to his main event match with Sting at Sunday's Victory Road pay-per-view event. The former TNA World Heavyweight Champion had to be be held as he made his way from outside the Impact! Zone to the staging area behind the entrance curtain. His behavior at the "gorilla position" combined with the manner in which he stumbled during his ring entrance caused management to call an audible mere minutes before the match. Eric Bischoff delivered instructions to both grapplers while cutting his promo and the bout last approximately ninety seconds.
Hardy was not on hand for this week's iMPACT! tapings because management instructed him to go home Monday. While his pack of defenders cited travel fatigue for his more offbeat than usual behavior at the Final Resolution pay-per-view event in December, they have yet to issue a defense for his behavior on Sunday.
Jeff Hardy's court hearing yesterday in Moore County, North Carolina resulted in another continuance due to the district attorney's office waiting on evidence from the State Bureau of Investigation. Hardy has told friends that his legal team has developed a new strategy and that he hopes to have the situation put to rest soon.
* Main Event: Rob Van Dam vs. Matt Hardy
* "King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett vs. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner
* TNA Knockouts Championship Match: Madison Rayne vs. Mickie James
* "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe vs. "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
* Special Appearance by "The Hardcore Legend" Mick Foley!
* Also Appearing: "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan, Ink, Inc., "The Freak" Rob Terry, Gunner & Murphy, and more!
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.