As always, I'm bad with numbers. It was close to a sell out. While it was almost filled to capacity, they now only use half the bleachers when compared to previous years, so that's a couple hundred less seats than in the past.
We had no dark matches.
Jim Cornette came out to start the show. He explained everything that was announced earlier in the day. He also added a couple new details. The internet broadcast of the TV show will have a lot of extras with it, although he didn't say anything about whether or not that part would be paid or free. And he announced that the first TV taping would be right here at the Frontier Fieldhouse on August 13. He said all the stars would be here, and I think he said all the titles would be on the line. Tickets were I believe the usual prices, between $60 and $20. Finally, the whole roster came out as Cornette thanked them for all their hard work and for making this possible.
Throughout the night, I could see Jim Cornette at the production table talking with what I presume were the Sinclair representatives. I could only imagine what some of those conversations were like as the night went on. Speaking of representatives, Delirious came out a few times to watch the show, mask and all. I understand why he still has it on, but it's still weird to see him just casually watching the show among everyone in a mask.
1. Homicide defeated Michael Elgin with the Ace Crusher. Not that good. They worked hard, and hit some good moves, but it was way too slow, and they just couldn't gel together.
2. Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly defeated the Bravado Brothers. The Bravados tried cutting a promo, but were booed quite a bit. A quick, hard hitting match. Very fun. Cole and O'Reilly hit a combo of either lungblowers or codebreakers for the win.
Steve Corino, now freshly bald, came out to introduce his sponsor. He noted it was so easy to break rules, and so hard to be clean, especially for him, as he only has five moves. Before the sponsor came out, Mike Bennett interrupted him. Standard heel stuff from Mike, and eventually, Jimmy Jacobs came out to a nice pop. He was sharply dressed, with nicely groomed hair. He talked about how a few years ago, everyone, from the wrestlers to management to the fans, couldn't wait for him to leave. Most importantly, he said that he wasn't back yet, and that it's up to ROH to let him come back. Eventually, all the officials came out to make him leave, since his allowed time had ended.
3. Mike Bennett defeated Steve Corino with a piledriver. A good match, but a bit odd at times. Corino brought out the ring bell and gauged the crowd on whether he should hit Bennett in the face or crotch with it. Crotch beat face...... twice, as he did it two times. He would also tease the "thumb up the ass" bit, eventually doing it as well. But it was a piledriver at the end that won it for Bennett.
4. El Generico defeated Chris Hero. A little on the short side, but good while it lasted. To start, Generico brought out a toy hammer, and acted like Hero was Thor. The match originally ended with Hero getting the pin with his foot on the ropes. The ref eventually realized that, and restarted the match, which Generico then won quickly.
5. Davey Richards defeated Charlie Hass. Very intense. We also had a german suplex battle, as one would hit two in a row, the other would counter, and hit two of his own.
More On Cesaro - John Cena Post-RAW Segment, Clip From Dusty Rhodes Tribute, The New Day And JoJo
Post-RAW Storyline Injury Updates On Dolph Ziggler, Joey Mercury And Jamie Noble
Video Of Fan Getting Hit By Car Door During Brock Lesnar Segment On WWE RAW
John Cena Praises Cesaro After Tonight's WWE RAW
Fan Hit By Car Door During WWE RAW Angle
New Photo And Update On Tyson Kidd's Status, Dolph Ziggler Rushed To The Hospital At RAW (Video)
WWE Dusty Rhodes Special Recap: Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, JJ Dillon, Michael Hayes, Jerry Lawler
Chyna Talks About The Last Time She Saw Triple H, What Happened During Her Trip To WWE Headquarters
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - John Cena Defends, Brock Lesnar Destroys A Car, More
Randy Orton Gets Engaged, Brock Lesnar's Most Unusual Opponents, Total Divas Preview
Jim Ross Blogs About Rumored Backstage Problems With WWE Superstar, EC3 Winning TNA Title
Superstar Returns At WWE Live Event, Close Call For The Miz And Maryse, WWE - Racing Rivals Update