Partial Source: Pwinsider
-- Crowbar Press has released the official autobiography of Bill DeMott, The Last Laugh. Here is the synopsis for the book:
According to Bill De Mott, he was just a "fat kid from Jersey who had never been out of the country," but his introduction to professional wrestling in 1988 has allowed him to travel all over the world. Since then, he has been a professional wrestler, a color commentator on the "WWE Velocity" television show, the head trainer for Deep South Wrestling (WWE's developmental territory), a trainer on three seasons of the television reality show, "Tough Enough," and now the owner of his own wrestling school and promotion — New Energy Wrestling. The stories of Bill's life on the road are both hilarious and entertaining, and at other times, they are sad and insightful. His life has been filled with more backstage drama than is found in all the afternoon soap operas combined, and he doesn't pull any punches in the telling of his story. A fascinating memoir from one of pro wrestling's unique characters. More information is available at this link.
-- Here are some upcoming wrestling books:
- June 28th, 2011 - Countdown to Lockdown in Paperback by Mick Foley
- June 28th, 2011 - Wrestling the Hulk: My Life on the Ropes by Linda Hogan.
- October 1st, 2011 - Hot Shots and High Spots: George Napolitano's Amazing Pictorial History of Wrestling's Greatest Stars by George Napolitano.
"Hot Shots and High Spots: George Napolitano's Amazing Pictorial History of Wrestling's Greatest Stars". The official blurb for the book reads, "Bringing the best of professional wrestling into focus, from the glare of the spotlights to rare, behind-the-scenes candid photos, George Napolitano has created the most far-reaching and beautiful visual history of its kind. For five decades he has been ringside, documenting wrestling's biggest main events, photographing its most famous—and infamous—stars. His images have captured the blood, sweat, and tears spilled in the squared circle. In the process, they have become as iconic as the men and women in them. Covering those who have made professional wrestling one of America's great passions and pastimes—Bruno Sammartino and Classy Freddie Blassie, Gorilla Monsoon battling Muhammad Ali, Andre the Giant and Mil Mascaras thrilling crowds all over North America, and Cyndi Lauper and Captain Lou Albano bringing wrestling to MTV—this chronicle shows it all. For the fans of the nWo or ECW's hardcore revolution, those who love the attitudes of DX, The Rock, and Stone Cold Steve Austin, and those who still tune in every Monday night for Cena, Triple H, and Orton, this compilation is the ultimate pictorial of the glories and humiliations of the wrestling world."
- October 25th 2011 - The Heyman Hustle - Wrestling's Most Extreme Promoter Tells All by Paul Heyman
- October 25th 2011 - Blood Brothers by Daniel Joseph (WWE Studios novelization)
- November 11th 2011 - Wrestling Reality: The Life and Mind of Chris Kanyon Wrestling's Gay Superstar
- November 29th 2011 - The WWE Championship: A Look Back at the Rich History of the WWE Championship (paperback) by Kevin Sullivan
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.