-- Stan "The Lariat" Hansen will be releasing his long awaited autobiography "The Last Outlaw" this August through Crowbar Press. Hansen will also appear at the NWA Legends Fanfest in Atlanta, Georgia to sign copies of the book.
-- MSN has an article up on Linda Hogan's book, which is out today, which you can check out by clicking here.
-- WWE sent out the following today:
WWE® AND MDA TO RECOGNIZE YOUTH VOLUNTEERS
TUCSON, Ariz., June 28, 2011 – WWE (NYSE:WWE) and the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) today announced a summer initiative to recognize kids and teens, ages 6-17, who have demonstrated a significant commitment to MDA or supported those with muscular dystrophy or any of the 43 related diseases in MDA's program. Individuals may enter themselves or be nominated by family, friends and peers but must have written parental consent if under the age of 17 to be considered a WWE Community Champion. WWE and MDA will choose two winners who will receive four tickets to a WWE live event and a special meet-and-greet with a WWE Superstar or Diva. Criteria for participants include the following:
- Demonstrated exceptional commitment and evidence of supporting MDA
- Made a significant contribution to an individual with muscle disease
- Achievements must have occurred within the last two years
"I am truly inspired by the dedication of volunteers who help individuals with muscular dystrophy persevere and overcome the challenges of this debilitating disease," stated WWE Superstar Triple H®, Ambassador for MDA's Make A Muscle, Make A Difference Campaign. "We hope this initiative will inspire young people across the United States to make a difference in lives of those affected by muscular dystrophy."
"We think our partnership with WWE is a natural fit," said MDA CEO & President Gerald Weinberg. "They're putting their 'muscle' behind MDA by inspiring youth everywhere to make a difference for families we serve."
All entries must be submitted by Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2011 via email at [email protected]
-- Here are some upcoming wrestling-related books:
- TODAY - Countdown to Lockdown in Paperback by Mick Foley
- TODAY - Wrestling the Hulk: My Life on the Ropes by Linda Hogan.
- October 1st, 2011 - Hot Shots and High Spots: George Napolitano's Amazing Pictorial History of
- October 25th 2011 - The Heyman Hustle - Wrestling's Most Extreme Promoter Tells All by Paul Heyman
- October 25th 2011 - Blood Brothers by Daniel Joseph (WWE Studios novelization)
- November 1st 2011 - Wrestling Reality: The Life and Mind of Chris Kanyon Wrestling's Gay Superstar
- November 29th 2011 - The WWE Championship: A Look Back at the Rich History of the WWE Championship (paperback) by Kevin Sullivan
More On Kevin Owens Moving To Main Roster, His NXT Status
Neville Talks Bo Dallas Being Underrated, Wearing A Cape, Wrestling Seth Rollins On RAW
San Andreas Box Office And Reviews, Video Of The Rock Cementing His Legacy, Diva At Rock's Premiere
WWE Owen Hart DVD And Blu-ray Set Update, WWE SmackDown Viewership Down, WWE Stock
Kurt Angle On If He Thinks He Will Be Inducted Into The WWE Hall Of Fame
UFC Champion Reacts To Seth Rollins Title Win, Bethe Correia Clarifies Comment, UFN Weigh Ins
Jim Ross On Blood At Elimination Chamber, GFW - Destination America, Working With Sunny, Steiner
WWE Interested In A Former TNA World Champion?
Brock Lesnar Returning To WWE Television
Brock Lesnar Working First House Show In Eleven Years, Opponent Revealed
Possible Replacement For Rusev At WWE Elimination Chamber, Backstage Notes On His Injury
Top Star Possibly Injured At Last Night's WWE SmackDown Tapings (Updated With Photo)