-- Stan "The Lariat" Hansen will be releasing his long awaited autobiography "The Last Outlaw" this August through Crowbar Press. Hansen will also appear at the NWA Legends Fanfest in Atlanta, Georgia to sign copies of the book.
-- MSN has an article up on Linda Hogan's book, which is out today, which you can check out by clicking here.
-- WWE sent out the following today:
WWE® AND MDA TO RECOGNIZE YOUTH VOLUNTEERS
TUCSON, Ariz., June 28, 2011 – WWE (NYSE:WWE) and the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) today announced a summer initiative to recognize kids and teens, ages 6-17, who have demonstrated a significant commitment to MDA or supported those with muscular dystrophy or any of the 43 related diseases in MDA's program. Individuals may enter themselves or be nominated by family, friends and peers but must have written parental consent if under the age of 17 to be considered a WWE Community Champion. WWE and MDA will choose two winners who will receive four tickets to a WWE live event and a special meet-and-greet with a WWE Superstar or Diva. Criteria for participants include the following:
- Demonstrated exceptional commitment and evidence of supporting MDA
- Made a significant contribution to an individual with muscle disease
- Achievements must have occurred within the last two years
"I am truly inspired by the dedication of volunteers who help individuals with muscular dystrophy persevere and overcome the challenges of this debilitating disease," stated WWE Superstar Triple H®, Ambassador for MDA's Make A Muscle, Make A Difference Campaign. "We hope this initiative will inspire young people across the United States to make a difference in lives of those affected by muscular dystrophy."
"We think our partnership with WWE is a natural fit," said MDA CEO & President Gerald Weinberg. "They're putting their 'muscle' behind MDA by inspiring youth everywhere to make a difference for families we serve."
All entries must be submitted by Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2011 via email at [email protected]
-- Here are some upcoming wrestling-related books:
- TODAY - Countdown to Lockdown in Paperback by Mick Foley
- TODAY - Wrestling the Hulk: My Life on the Ropes by Linda Hogan.
- October 1st, 2011 - Hot Shots and High Spots: George Napolitano's Amazing Pictorial History of
- October 25th 2011 - The Heyman Hustle - Wrestling's Most Extreme Promoter Tells All by Paul Heyman
- October 25th 2011 - Blood Brothers by Daniel Joseph (WWE Studios novelization)
- November 1st 2011 - Wrestling Reality: The Life and Mind of Chris Kanyon Wrestling's Gay Superstar
- November 29th 2011 - The WWE Championship: A Look Back at the Rich History of the WWE Championship (paperback) by Kevin Sullivan
What Happened After Last Night's WWE RAW With Kane, Tommy Dreamer, The Dudleyz And The Wyatts
New Promotions On WWE Network, WWE Fans On The Wyatt Family Vs. ECW Originals, WWE Figures
WrestleCade IV Results And Photos (11/28): Matt Hardy, EC3, WCW Stars, Shelton Benjamin, More
Mick Foley On If He Will Keep Watching WWE RAW After Tonight's Show
Dolph Ziggler On Being The Best And Lana's Claim, Tommy Dreamer And The Dudleyz Talk The Wyatts
The Rock's Great Response To Tweet About Roman Reigns - Authority Angle On WWE RAW
Dolph Ziggler On Lana's "HUGE Heart", Mick Foley Talks Tonight's WWE RAW, Bray Wyatt Note, Adam Rose
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - 7 Vs. 4 Main Event, Sheamus Defends, Ric Flair, Lana Returns, More
Raven Talks Leaving WWE Over Sex Policy, Vince McMahon Having Better Match Than Chris Jericho At WM
Photo: Former WWE NXT Star Returns To The Indies
WWE Hall Of Famer Set To Appear On Raw Monday Night
WWE RAW Rumors For Tonight's Show, Chris Jericho's 200th Episode, WWE Stars Help Toys-For-Tots