For the second quarter of 2011, WWE did 1,598,000 PPV buys. This boom in buys was led by WrestleMania being in the quarter; as that show did 1,059,000 PPV buys.
* WWE Extreme Rules 2011 scored 209,000 PPV buys, which was up from 2010 (182,000).
* WWE Over the Limit 2011 scored 140,000 buys, down from 2010 (197,000).
* WWE Capitol Punishment 2011 scored 170,000 buys, up from WWE Fatal Four Way in 2010 (143,000).
* Comparing the 2011 PPVs, minus WrestleMania, to the 2010 shows, 2011 PPVs in the same period did 519,000 buys to 522,000 in 2010.
* Also of note, WrestleMania XXVI contributed approximately 885,000 buys to the first quarter of 2010.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.