Ric Flair Threatens Lawsuit - Details Inside
Source: TMZTMZ.com is reporting that Ric Flair is "furious" over the recent Grantland.com article that stated that Flair was suffering from cardiomyopathy, a disease caused by years of alcohol abuse.
Flair claims that the report, which is mostly based on court documents, contains falsehoods and is especially angry about the cardiomyopathy allegations.
"While the information gleaned from courthouse records may be credible, Mr. Fliehr is currently evaluating his legal options with respect to falsehoods in the story, specifically the untrue statement that he suffers from alcoholic cardiomyopathy," a representative for Flair told TMZ.com. "Our client understands that these allegations are part of the territory when you are not only famous, but a living legend."
As we reported yesterday, Grantland.com, a sports and pop culture affiliated with ESPN.com, published a major expose on Flair. In tremendous detail, the article examines the wrestling legend's personal struggles, financial issues and allegations of physical abuse to and by his ex-wives. In addition to stating that Flair suffered from alcoholic cardiomyopathy, it noted that that almost everything he earns from the "second-tier outfit" goes toward paying off old debts: lawyers, ex-wives, the IRS, former business partners and "anyone who made the mistake of lending him money."
In the piece, the following various topics were discussed:
* Claims he wrestles despite suffering from alcoholic cardiomyopathy because he needs money.
* Using the NWA title belt for collateral for different loans.
* Nonpayment of taxes throughout the 1980s.
* The lawsuit filed against him for allegedly flashing his genitals to flight attendants.
* Domestic and physical issues with several of his ex-wives.
* In April, a judge evicted Flair from his home in Charlotte, North Carolina because he couldn't afford to pay rent.
The lengthy Grantland.com piece can be accessed by clicking here.