Revenues from our Live and Televised Entertainment businesses were $78.1 million for the current year quarter as compared to $73.8 million in the prior year quarter, representing a 6% increase.
Live Event revenues were $23.0 million as compared to $22.8 million in the prior year quarter, reflecting an increase of 1%.
* There were 79 events, including 15 international events, during the current year quarter as compared to 78 events, including 16 international events, in the prior year quarter.
* North American events generated $14.2 million of revenues from 64 events as compared to $13.8 million from 62 events in the prior year quarter. North American average attendance decreased 6% to approximately 4,900 from 5,200 in the prior year quarter. The average ticket price for North American events was $41.34 in the current year quarter as compared to $41.07 in the prior year quarter.
* International events generated approximately $8.8 million of revenues from 15 events as compared to $9.0 million from 16 events in the prior year quarter. International average attendance increased 7% to approximately 7,200 from 6,700 in the prior year quarter. In addition, average ticket prices were $80.08 as compared to $86.07 in the prior year quarter, reflecting a 7% decrease, due in part to differences in territory mix that were partially offset by favorable changes in foreign exchange rates.
Pay-Per-View revenues were $15.8 million as compared to $13.6 million in the prior year quarter, reflecting the impact of buys associated with WrestleMania, a prior period event. There were 65,000 incremental buys for WrestleMania in the quarter, which has a higher retail price than our other events. Buys for the three comparable events in the current and prior year quarter, however, declined 4%, reflecting a 3% increase in domestic buys that was more than offset by a 14% decline in international buys.
Television Rights Fees revenues were $34.0 million as compared to $31.1 million in the prior year quarter. This increase was primarily due to improved terms and contractual increases from our existing programs, partially offset by the absence of rights fees for our NXT™ and WWE Superstars programs.
Venue Merchandise revenues were $3.6 million as compared to $3.9 million in the prior year quarter, as the impact of a 12% decrease in total domestic (U.S.) attendance was partially offset by an 8% increase in domestic per capita merchandise sales to $10.18 in the current year quarter.
Revenues from our Consumer Products businesses decreased 7% to $19.8 million from $21.4 million in the prior year quarter, primarily due to the performance of our Licensing business.
* Home Video net revenues were $8.3 million as compared to $7.2 million in the prior year quarter, a 15% increase driven by an adjustment to our allowance for returns and an increase in revenue per unit, partially offset by a 17% reduction in shipments to 686,000 units. The reduction in our allowance for returns reflected better than expected sell-through rates for titles released in prior quarters. Average prices increased 4% to $13.18 due to the timing of promotional activity and a reduction in manufacturer's discounts.
* Licensing revenues were $9.0 million as compared to $10.8 million in the prior year quarter as lower toy, collectible and apparel sales more than offset an increase in video game sales. Revenues related to toys declined 24%, or $0.9 million, reflecting a challenging retail environment for certain toy categories. Revenues from our collectible products declined due to a tough comparison to a successful product launch in the prior year. Revenue from video games, increased by approximately $1.1 million, led by sales of the WWE All Stars video game, which launched earlier this year. Unit shipments of our SmackDown vs. Raw video game decreased 59% to 135,000 units as compared to the prior year quarter.
Photos And Videos From Early WrestleMania Set Construction, Rumors On A Roller Coaster Being Built
Triple H On Vince McMahon Once Getting Upset With Braun Strowman, Reigns Vs. Taker, Goldberg, Lesnar
Indie Wrestler Works As Trainer At The WWE PC, Lana Nominated For Movie Role, Total Divas Teaser
Former WWE Divas Champion At WrestleMania, Fans On Coolest 'Mania Entrances, WWE Stars - SMOSH Games
The New Day At The NYSE Today, DDP "First Look" On WWE Network, Video From Brie Bella's Baby Shower
WWE Tweets On Hardys And "Broken" Tables, Nikki Bella With John Cena On TV Today, DDP On Miesha Tate
News For Tonight's WWE RAW - WrestleMania Go-Home Episode, HHH Invites Seth Rollins, Taker, More
Triple H - Finn Balor Photos From WWE Live Event Match, New WWE NXT Era Canvas 2 Canvas, Birthdays
Backstage News On Major Topic At WWE Raw Regarding The Undertaker
Goldberg On Accidentally Saying "Belt" Instead Of "Title", Changes In WWE, Relationship With Vince
Two WWE Stars Removed From The SmackDown Roster
Tammy Sytch Talks Popular WWE Female Star's Leaked Photo
Gail Kim Tweets Response To Stephanie McMahon, John Cena "WWE Fury" Video, Dean Ambrose Signing
Man Passes Away During WWE Live Event In Portland, Maine
Ryback On Why Roman Reigns Hasn't Turned Heel, Underutilized WWE Stars, Why Curtis Axel Isn't Pushed
Will The Undertaker Appear On Monday's Go-Home RAW?, WWE Teaser On The RAW General Manager Situation