Revenues from our Live and Televised Entertainment businesses were $78.1 million for the current year quarter as compared to $73.8 million in the prior year quarter, representing a 6% increase.
Live Event revenues were $23.0 million as compared to $22.8 million in the prior year quarter, reflecting an increase of 1%.
* There were 79 events, including 15 international events, during the current year quarter as compared to 78 events, including 16 international events, in the prior year quarter.
* North American events generated $14.2 million of revenues from 64 events as compared to $13.8 million from 62 events in the prior year quarter. North American average attendance decreased 6% to approximately 4,900 from 5,200 in the prior year quarter. The average ticket price for North American events was $41.34 in the current year quarter as compared to $41.07 in the prior year quarter.
* International events generated approximately $8.8 million of revenues from 15 events as compared to $9.0 million from 16 events in the prior year quarter. International average attendance increased 7% to approximately 7,200 from 6,700 in the prior year quarter. In addition, average ticket prices were $80.08 as compared to $86.07 in the prior year quarter, reflecting a 7% decrease, due in part to differences in territory mix that were partially offset by favorable changes in foreign exchange rates.
Pay-Per-View revenues were $15.8 million as compared to $13.6 million in the prior year quarter, reflecting the impact of buys associated with WrestleMania, a prior period event. There were 65,000 incremental buys for WrestleMania in the quarter, which has a higher retail price than our other events. Buys for the three comparable events in the current and prior year quarter, however, declined 4%, reflecting a 3% increase in domestic buys that was more than offset by a 14% decline in international buys.
Television Rights Fees revenues were $34.0 million as compared to $31.1 million in the prior year quarter. This increase was primarily due to improved terms and contractual increases from our existing programs, partially offset by the absence of rights fees for our NXT™ and WWE Superstars programs.
Venue Merchandise revenues were $3.6 million as compared to $3.9 million in the prior year quarter, as the impact of a 12% decrease in total domestic (U.S.) attendance was partially offset by an 8% increase in domestic per capita merchandise sales to $10.18 in the current year quarter.
Revenues from our Consumer Products businesses decreased 7% to $19.8 million from $21.4 million in the prior year quarter, primarily due to the performance of our Licensing business.
* Home Video net revenues were $8.3 million as compared to $7.2 million in the prior year quarter, a 15% increase driven by an adjustment to our allowance for returns and an increase in revenue per unit, partially offset by a 17% reduction in shipments to 686,000 units. The reduction in our allowance for returns reflected better than expected sell-through rates for titles released in prior quarters. Average prices increased 4% to $13.18 due to the timing of promotional activity and a reduction in manufacturer's discounts.
* Licensing revenues were $9.0 million as compared to $10.8 million in the prior year quarter as lower toy, collectible and apparel sales more than offset an increase in video game sales. Revenues related to toys declined 24%, or $0.9 million, reflecting a challenging retail environment for certain toy categories. Revenues from our collectible products declined due to a tough comparison to a successful product launch in the prior year. Revenue from video games, increased by approximately $1.1 million, led by sales of the WWE All Stars video game, which launched earlier this year. Unit shipments of our SmackDown vs. Raw video game decreased 59% to 135,000 units as compared to the prior year quarter.
How Old Is Roman Reigns Today?, Fans On John Cena Opponents, Tag Team Debuts On WWE NXT Tonight
Spoilers: WWE NXT Tapings For Tonight
Seth Rollins On Which WWE Star He Wants To Feud With, If His Knee Is 100%, Rehab, More (Videos)
Full Metal Mayhem And A TNA World Heavyweight Title Match Announced For Slammiversary
Goldust On If He's Leaving WWE, WWE Social Media Worker Finishes Up At Tonight's Tapings
Sheamus Teams With The Club After SmackDown, WWE RAW Rating, Eva Marie Cooks With Husband
WWE Confirms Eden's Departure
WWE MITB Ladder Match Spoiler Update
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Seth Rollins Returns, MITB Qualifiers, Charlotte Turns On Dad, More
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
Backstage News On Cody Rhodes' WWE Release, Dropped Angle, Split Not Being Amicable
Rumors On A Big WWE Money In The Bank Match, Big E Attending National Wrestling HOF, WWE Star On TV
Backstage News On AJ Styles Plans, Internal Heat Over Cody Rhodes Statement, Cameron Update (Photo)
Stephanie McMahon Talks Wardrobe Malfunction On WWE RAW, Advice From Vince, Favorite TV Moment
Rumors Of Another WWE Release, Latest From Dana Warrior, Finn Balor Talks Upcoming NXT UK Tour
Which WWE Writers Was Cody Rhodes Referring To In Rant?, Seth Rollins Gear, Meet Finn Balor