Revenues from our Live and Televised Entertainment businesses were $78.1 million for the current year quarter as compared to $73.8 million in the prior year quarter, representing a 6% increase.
Live Event revenues were $23.0 million as compared to $22.8 million in the prior year quarter, reflecting an increase of 1%.
* There were 79 events, including 15 international events, during the current year quarter as compared to 78 events, including 16 international events, in the prior year quarter.
* North American events generated $14.2 million of revenues from 64 events as compared to $13.8 million from 62 events in the prior year quarter. North American average attendance decreased 6% to approximately 4,900 from 5,200 in the prior year quarter. The average ticket price for North American events was $41.34 in the current year quarter as compared to $41.07 in the prior year quarter.
* International events generated approximately $8.8 million of revenues from 15 events as compared to $9.0 million from 16 events in the prior year quarter. International average attendance increased 7% to approximately 7,200 from 6,700 in the prior year quarter. In addition, average ticket prices were $80.08 as compared to $86.07 in the prior year quarter, reflecting a 7% decrease, due in part to differences in territory mix that were partially offset by favorable changes in foreign exchange rates.
Pay-Per-View revenues were $15.8 million as compared to $13.6 million in the prior year quarter, reflecting the impact of buys associated with WrestleMania, a prior period event. There were 65,000 incremental buys for WrestleMania in the quarter, which has a higher retail price than our other events. Buys for the three comparable events in the current and prior year quarter, however, declined 4%, reflecting a 3% increase in domestic buys that was more than offset by a 14% decline in international buys.
Television Rights Fees revenues were $34.0 million as compared to $31.1 million in the prior year quarter. This increase was primarily due to improved terms and contractual increases from our existing programs, partially offset by the absence of rights fees for our NXT™ and WWE Superstars programs.
Venue Merchandise revenues were $3.6 million as compared to $3.9 million in the prior year quarter, as the impact of a 12% decrease in total domestic (U.S.) attendance was partially offset by an 8% increase in domestic per capita merchandise sales to $10.18 in the current year quarter.
Revenues from our Consumer Products businesses decreased 7% to $19.8 million from $21.4 million in the prior year quarter, primarily due to the performance of our Licensing business.
* Home Video net revenues were $8.3 million as compared to $7.2 million in the prior year quarter, a 15% increase driven by an adjustment to our allowance for returns and an increase in revenue per unit, partially offset by a 17% reduction in shipments to 686,000 units. The reduction in our allowance for returns reflected better than expected sell-through rates for titles released in prior quarters. Average prices increased 4% to $13.18 due to the timing of promotional activity and a reduction in manufacturer's discounts.
* Licensing revenues were $9.0 million as compared to $10.8 million in the prior year quarter as lower toy, collectible and apparel sales more than offset an increase in video game sales. Revenues related to toys declined 24%, or $0.9 million, reflecting a challenging retail environment for certain toy categories. Revenues from our collectible products declined due to a tough comparison to a successful product launch in the prior year. Revenue from video games, increased by approximately $1.1 million, led by sales of the WWE All Stars video game, which launched earlier this year. Unit shipments of our SmackDown vs. Raw video game decreased 59% to 135,000 units as compared to the prior year quarter.
Ryback On WWE Being Furious With CM Punk Taunts And Using "Pre-Show Stopper Belt," Being Checked Out
]WWE NXT Live Event Results From Citrus Springs (10/28): RAW Cruiserweights Headline, Sanity, More
Backstage News On Why Sasha Banks Vs. Charlotte Will Likely Not Headline WWE Hell In A Cell
James Ellsworth Begs For Forgiveness, Ellsworth T-Shirt Sales, HHH - Stephanie McMahon Anniversary
Goldberg Vs. Brock Lesnar Simulation (Video), Steve Austin Talks New Season Of His Show, The Rock
Sheamus On His Favorite Wrestler Of All Time, Winning Tag Titles, Creating "Celtic Warrior" Gimmick
Why New Recruit Didn't Notice HHH At Tryout, NXT Star Gets Heat For Online Post, Sara Lee Baby Bump
Lana Working On A New Movie?, WWE Stock Update Following Financials, AJ Styles And Eric Bledsoe Game
Goldberg In Great Shape (Photos), Sasha Banks On If She Is Slowing Down After Injuries, NXT Themes
Vince McMahon On WWE Possibly Being Interested In Selling The Company
WWE Star Changes Their Ring Name?, WWE SmackDown Top 10, John Cena Congratulates Nikki Bella
Top WWE Star Not At Survivor Series?, Backstage News On WWE NXT Plans For Shinsuke Nakamura
Becky Lynch Talks Reason For Her WWE Absence, Says She Had "Something Removed"
Former WWE Tag Team Champions Set To Return On SmackDown Next Week
Graphic Austin Aries Post-Injury Photo, Daniel Bryan & Finn Balor Appearance, Goldberg, WWE Shop
News From Billy Corgan's Lawyer At TNA Hearing: WWE Lowers Offer To Buy TNA, Dixie's Demeanor, More