1. SOF Qualifier 1: The Briscoe Brothers beat the Bravado Brothers. The tournament had five qualifiers, three singles matches, a four-way match, and a tag team match, and the six men who were victorious in these five matches advanced to the final. I arrived too late to see this, but judging by Mark and Jay's participation in the final, it's safe to say "Dem Boys" won.
2. SOF Qualifier 2: Kyle O'Reilly beat Andy "Right Leg" Ridge. Real solid match, O'Reilly won via guillotine choke, and he was just getting started with his good performances for the night.
3. SOF Qualifier 3: "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards beat "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett. Really good match, hard-hitting style that you'd be used to if you've watched Eddie enough, Bennett acquitted himself quite well in this match, even without his manager, "Brutal" Bob. Edwards won with a dragon sleeper.
4. SOF Qualifier 4: "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin beat Tommaso Ciampa, Adam Cole and Kenny King in a four-way match to earn a berth in the SOF final. This was the start of Elgin's coming out party for the night, a lot of really impressive power spots, including doing a simultaneous Samoan drop and fallaway slam to King and Cole, and even held them and walked for a few seconds before dropping them. Elgin and King in particular looked really good. Between Truth Martini, the four outside members of the Embassy, ROH crew, and the participants of this match going outside for the occasional breather/letting the other guys have room for spots, the ringside area was incredibly crowded. Elgin won a spinning sitout powerbomb to Cole.
5. In a non-tournament bonus match, El Generico took on Steve Corino, seconded by Jimmy Jacobs. The story of the match was Corino continuing to show he's a changed man, and he refused to cheat or do any underhanded tactics, even as Generico was imploring Corino to punch him. Steve never did, and took a lot of abuse in the match without striking illicitly, as the story of the match went. The final result was a time limit draw, and after the match, Jim Cornette came out telling Generico that Corino had had enough, and despite the crowd chanting "five more minutes", it's obvious Steve couldn't go anymore, and they should squash things. After a few seconds, Generico did shake hands with Corino, and that took us to intermission.
6. In interesting timing, the final SOF qualifying match took place after the bonus match and after intermission, as Roderick Strong defeated Rhett Titus in a very good match. Titus' offense looks sharp, and Roddy is always one of the best guys in the ring, and with other characterizations, such as his heelish chasing of little kids heckling him from the front row on a couple occasions. Really good match ended with :30 seconds left in the time limit as Strong hit a serious of kicks against the ropes, finishing with a running Sick Kick for the pin.
7. In the other non-tournament match, a "Champion's Challenge" took place, featuring the ROH World Champion Davey Richards teaming up with TV Champion Jay Lethal to take on Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas. A slow start (I say that in a good way) built with lots of chain wrestling led to a hot finish, with lots of hard-hitting strikes, and the bout finished with Benjamin and Richards on the floor going at it, with Haas catching Lethal in the Haas of Pain submission hold. Lethal was fighting it, but Richards came into the ring and climbed the ropes going for presumably his trademark missile dropkick - however, Shelton stopped it with his signature jump straight onto the top rope, and a suplex to Richards while Lethal tapped to the Haas of Pain. Just a tremendous match.
Possible Replacement For Rusev At WWE Elimination Chamber, Backstage Notes On His Injury
WWE Hall Of Famer Forced To Pull Out Of Match, More On Scott Hall And GFW, Has Chael Sonnen Signed?
Backstage Update On Dixie Carter Filming A Reality TV Pilot At The Impact Wrestling Tapings
Ronda Rousey On Finishing Her Angle With Stephanie McMahon, Changing Dana White's Mind, More
Two WWE Stars Expected To Return For MITB, WWE Performance Center Understaffed, Attendance
WWE Interested In A Former TNA World Champion?
NXT Divas To Main Event A Takeover?, WWE Interested In Actor, Former ROH TV Champion At WWE Tryouts
CM Punk-WWE Shop Update, WWE Hall Of Famer Asks WWE For Retirement Match, Superstar Challenges Celeb
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
Possible Reason For Daniel Bryan On Miz TV, Why WWE Pulled Hideo Itami Shirt, Actor Warns WWE Star
Top Star Possibly Injured At Last Night's WWE SmackDown Tapings (Updated With Photo)
Bill Goldberg Praises The Undertaker, Talks About Turning Heel In WCW