Ring Announcer Tony Chimmel comes out and introduces General Manager Teddy Long. Long welcomes everyone to the show and announces the card for the night.
1) Ted Dibiase defeated Jinder Mahal. Solid opener with the crowd really behind Dibiase. Lots of Teddy and USA chants throughout. Dibiase hit the dream street for the win. After the match, Cody Rhodes attacked Dibiase.
2) Tyson Kidd defeated Damien Sandow. Sandow is from FCW and was formerly known as Idol Stevens during his last run. It took a little bit for the crowd to get into this one, but Sandow did a pretty good job getting heat (especially with the pin tights he was wearing). I think people were a little confused that Kidd was the face.
3) Justin Gabriel defeated Heath Slater. Again, it took a little bit for the crowd to get into this one, but Gabriel won them over with some impressive moves, including a variation of the 450 splash from the apron for the win. Again, Cody Rhodes attacked after the match. This time he jumped Gabriel as he was signing a fans poster. After the attack, Rhodes cut a promo saying he could do this all night. For some reason, Hornswoggle came out, got in the ring, and got knocked down by Rhodes.
4) Daniel Bryan defeated Hunico. A really good back and forth match that saw Bryan lock on the Lebell Lock for the submission.
5) Booker T defeated IC Champion Cody Rhodes by DQ in a title match. Booker looked really good in the ring and really didn't seem to miss a step. Booker missed the scissors kick a couple times before landing the Book End. This led to Rhodes rolling out of the ring and grabbing his belt. As Booker approached Rhodes, he popped him with the belt. After the match, Booker and Rhodes continued the fight, with Booker getting the upper hand and finally hitting the scissors kick. He then called out Hornswoggle who came out and hit the tadpole splash on Rhodes. Hornswoggle and Booker T then did the spin-a-roonie much to the crowd's delight.
Kaitlyn is out next as the special host for the night. She announces a dance contest with the winner getting to go backstage. The contestants were a guy, 2 girls(one dressed in military uniform), and a kid. The guy got the biggest support, but since it was so close, Kaitlyn said they all won and got to go backstage.
6) AJ and Alicia Fox defeated Natalya and Rosa Mendes. Pretty good match. I can see AJ having a Mickie James type career if given the right chance (or push). Finish saw fox pin Mendes following an impressive flip into a leg drop.
7) Sheamus defeated Wade Barrett in a street fight. The main weapons used in this street fight were chairs and a Kendo stick. Finish saw Sheamus escape the Wasteland and hit the Brogue kick for the win.
8) World Champ Mark Henry defeated Randy Orton in a cage match for the title. Orton got by far the biggest pop of the night. Finish saw Orton hit the RKO on Henry, and it appeared that he was on his way out of the cage when Wade Barrett ran in to prevent it. Henry then walked right out as Barrett continued his assault. Henry then rejoined the fight and the two worked over Orton until Sheamus made the save. Orton and Sheamus cleared the ring and posed for the crowd to send everyone home happy.
Really good show tonight. It was my son's first WWE event and he had a blast. We got to the arena early to try to meet some of the wrestlers. Hunico came over and signed autographs and posed for pictures for everyone. Hornswoggle blew everyone off(same as he did the last time I saw him), which really disappointed the kids, my son included.
1) Randy Orton
3) Booker T
1) Mark Henry
2) Cody Rhodes
3) Wade Barrett
Thanks to Chris Cushman for contributing to this article. Got a news tip? Send it to us by clicking here.
Will TNA Pay Wrestlers Who Were Booked For India?, Brooke Tessmacher Staying Busy, TNA Sweepstakes
Number One Contender Determined, Jack Swagger On His Fans, Gobbledy Gooker Runs Wild
WWE And TNA Ratings Delayed, Special Message From Xavier Woods, Brad Maddox Thanks His Team
Backstage Talk On WWE Pushing Roman Reigns To The WWE World Heavyweight Title, Turning The Fans
WWE Thanksgiving SmackDown Recap (11/26): Number One Contender Match, New Day Cooks, Gobbledy Gooker
Jon Jones Says Ronda Rousey And Conor McGregor Reached Out To Help Him, Dana White, More
Sean Waltman Talks About Daniel Bryan's Push And Similarities To Bret Hart, What Vince McMahon Likes
WWE Releases Brad Maddox Due To Promo At WWE TV Tapings
Backstage WWE WrestleMania 32 Notes On Sting, Triple H And John Cena Vs. The Undertaker
WWE Releases Former RAW General Manager
WWE NXT Superstar Arrested For DUI This Past Summer, Video Of Breath Test Refusal
Former WWE NXT Creative Assistant Nails It In Rant About WWE's Product And Their Ratings Decline