Source: Ian Hamilton, Charlie Greenfield and PWInsider
I went to last night's TNA Impact wrestling TV, at Wembley Arena. The production for the show was below standard in comparison with the other Impact TV tapings done on the road in the USA. The lighting for the show was poor, no pyro and it looked very cheap. I am not sure how this will look on TV, and may avoid showing the entrance stage. The camera's for filming the show were from the entrance way and not like the usually angle they shoot TV.
I would say the crowd was just over 7,000. I don't think Wembley arena is the best place to shoot TV and would suggest moving to a new venue, next year if they tape in the UK. Manchester Evening News Arena is a much better venue to do this.
The crowd for the show was really strong and were chanting, cheering and booing throughout the night. Hulk Hogan, stole the show as usual and will now take credit for the large crowd, thinking he can still draw. Sting, James Storm, Samoa Joe, Magnus all got huge pops. The UK fan base really liked Samoa Joe, and it felt like he was a big star tonight. AJ Styles, got an OK reaction, but not as strong.
Bully Ray, Eric Bischoff, and Bobby Roode, got strong heel reactions, and played the crowd well. Matt Morgan and Crimson, were booed out of the arena, the UK fan base, does not like them.
Dixie Carter came out and thanked the UK fans as usual; making them the number one rated wrestling show in this country, saying we are the best fans in the world. Same old stuff! There was no backstage segments shown, so all that is going to be guess work, leading to when it broadcasts.
February 2nd Show:
Bully Ray and Bobby Roode came to ring. Bully Ray and Bobby Roode, talking about last week's actions, laying out Jeff Hardy.
James Storm came out saying he wants revenge. Sting comes out, announces a four way match at Against All Odds, for the world title, between Jeff Hardy, Bully Ray, Bobby Roode and James Storms. He also announces, James Storm, will face Roode and Bully Ray is one on one matches tonight.
1. Samoa Joe and Magnus Vs Matt Morgan and Crimson in a Buckingham Brawl. Samoa Joe and Magnus, had the advantage, where they were in the ring at the same time, and Matt Morgan and Crimson, had to tag in the match. Magnus and Samoa Joe win the match.
2. Austin Aries beat Mark Haskins in a very good little match. Aries won by a submission, but Haskins did botch his move of the top rope and looked like he hurt himself.
3. Bobby Roode beat James Storm, with a spear. This was due to Bully Ray coming out and interfering in the match. This was a strong match between the two and went around 13 minutes. There was a beat down on Storm, but Sting made the save.
Eric Bischoff came out and called out his son Garrett Bischoff. Garrett reveals to Eric that his trainer is in the building and that he will appear later tonight.
4. Tara beat Gail Kim with the Widow's Peak. The match was the best knockouts match in while, but the interference hurt the ending, because it looked like they did it wrong, with Madison Rayne getting involved.
5. In James Storm second match on the show, James Storm beat Bully Ray clean in the ring, a decent match between the two. Sting stopped Bobby Roode, from helping Bully Ray.
Booker T Unveils GI Bro Comic (Video), WWE Announcer Hosting Comedy Show, John Cena Note
Kane On The Current Incarnation Of His Character, What He Would Say To Isaac Yankem Of 1995, More
Finn Balor Talks Coming Up With The Bullet Club, Not Being Allowed In The NXT Ring, His Body Paint
Slow News Day Video: David Letterman Mocks Vince McMahon During Segment In 1985, "Shawn Michael"
New UFC Champ Involved In Scuffle At Presser, UFC 187 Bonuses, Last 2015 UFC Hall Of Fame Inductee
Scott Steiner Talks Wrestling Today Being Hard To Watch, Why Fans Watch, Brock Lesnar, WWE Pay, More
Mr. Anderson Bringing Surprise For The Nasty Boys, ROH / NJPW Shows Available, Moose, More
Triple H And Seth Rollins To Feud?, Samoa Joe Talks NXT Debut, Five Former WWE Divas Reunite
CM Punk Posts Light Hearted Tweet About Wrestling Again, Promoter Wants To Book Samoa Joe Vs. Punk
TNA Announcer Blasts WWE Hypocrisy After Samoa Joe Debut, TNA Live Event Tickets, Slammiversary
Mick Foley, Jim Ross, Natalya And Others Remember Owen Hart
Backstage News On Samoa Joe's WWE Contract, Injured WWE Superstar Grows A Beard, Sami Zayn