It was 8 years ago that we last spoke to Shane Douglas here at the Wrestling Epicenter. In an epic interview lasting nearly 2 hours, Shane shot on every subject you could imagine. Here we are 8 years later... Not much has changed! This is a must hear 36 minute interview!
Being completely honest, I wasn't extremely excited about the Extreme Reunion show happening on April 28th heading into the interview. I, James Walsh, loved ECW but have seen far too many reunion shows to make another stand out. But, my opinion changed when Shane said the goal is not only to reunite the original ECW guys but to "relaunch the brand". I would love to see a company with ECW's philosophy start up and shake up the two big companies... After all, isn't that was the original ECW did in the first place? Color me excited!
We hope your opinion will change to and you'll attend the Extreme Reunion at the Armory in Philly on April 28th. Tell Shane the Epicenter sent you!
This interview is available to be heard through WrestlingEpicenter.com. Simply click the link at the top of the page below Shane Douglas' photo. The audio is a part of a YouTube video that you can listen to on your computer, smart phone, or any other portable device. Feel free to browse all of our other interviews conducted over the past 10 years. They're all still online, available to listen to 100% free of charge. And, our next show will feature the young and talented Taeler Hendrix, OVW Knockouts champion! www.WrestlingEpicenter.com.
- The Franchise is welcomed back to promote his new ECW Reunion show in April. He says that everything thus far has gone very well. He feels that all the different reunion shows (like WWE & TNA's attempts) have weakened the brand and expected more difficulty doing this show.
- His opinion that WWE & TNA's attempts at ECW Reunion shows were insulting and did a lot to anger & upset the fans. However, he has found that the true fans of ECW's past are excited for what he has to offer.
- He feels that ECW is so fondly remembered because it was such a polar opposite to what WWF, WCW, & everything else was doing. The other products were accessable for kids, but not adults, and that's what ECW was able to accomplish.
- His reaction to the ECW Arena not being used for wrestling anymore: He's not sure if its finalized yet, but hasn't tried to book the venue for one of his shows. He hopes that this decision doesn't come to pass and that those in charge realize what a great wrestling venue it is. The energy that the ECW brand captured in that building saved the Wrestling business in his eyes. Madison Square Garden is often called the mecca of pro wrestling but for Shane, the ECW Arena is.
- Shane is not a fan of WWE or TNA's products, but wants them to do well. He feels that if Wrestling had multiple successes & strong brands, then the whole business succeeds. Wrestling was at its finest when WWF, WCW, & ECW were all red hot.
Brooklyn Cyclones Announce WWE Night, Superstars And Divas To Play In Charity Softball Game
Bayley Hypes Her Road To WWE NXT "Takeover Brooklyn", The Rock Wraps Filming, WWE Stock
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper Honored By Madison Square Garden (Photo), Madusa Talks Monster Truck Racing
Josh Barnett Talks About Pro Wrestling Commentating And How He Rates Himself, NJPW On AXS, More
Big Moment For One WWE Fan At Tonight's RAW, Hulk Hogan WWE DVD Notes, WWE Network Update
Why Kane Was Written Out Of Storylines, New Details On WWE Movie With Dolph Ziggler,
WWE Live Event Results From Stockton (8/2): Street Fight, Elimination Match, Dana Brooke, More
Update On New Gimmicks For Several WWE Talents
WWE Star Takes Homeless Couple To Restaurant, Returns With Big Group Due To "Distant" Manager
UFC 190: Rousey Vs. Correia Recap: Ronda Rousey Continues To Make History
Undertaker Rumor Killer, Early Brock Lesnar Vs. Undertaker Betting Odds, Mascot No-Sells Kevin Nash
Bret Hart Reacts To "Rowdy" Roddy Piper's Death