The feud between NWA National Heavyweight Champion Chance Prophet and the Tokyo Monster Kahagas is no longer confined to the Sunshine State, following a recent backstage incident between the two in Thomasville, NC on an NWA DAWG show (video).
Following the attack, Prophet issued this video statement concerning tonight's match in Fort Lauderdale at "Battle of the Belts" for NWA Ring Warriors. Originally scheduled for a cage match, Prophet has thrown a monkey wrench into the works by citing his championship prerogative to change the rules without regard to the NWA Executive Director, Board of Directors or local promoters. Claiming a cage match would be too tame for he and Kahagas, Prophet has chose a Russian chain four corners weapons match.
The Prophet-Kahagas match is part of a nine match card that takes place tonight at the Fort Lauderdale National Guard Armory, 400 State Road 84.
The rest of the card includes:
* NWA World Heavyweight Champion "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce defending his title against a hand-picked challenger from Ring of Honor by legendary NWA manager and current ROH executive Jim Cornette, who will be at ringside for the match.
* NWA World Tag Team Champions The Dark City Fight Club (Jon Davis & Kory Chavis) facing former WWE and NWA World Tag Team Champs the Headbangers (Mosh & Thrasher) and The Red Devil Fight Team (Mikhail Ivanov & Aleksander Chekov) with manager Brett Adams and "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff, in a three-way dance.
* DX's "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn taking on Vordell Walker in a Grudge Match.
* "The Prince of Darkness" Kevin Sullivan & The Vampire Warrior Gangrel (accompanied by Snakemaster Abudadein and the Army of Darkness) versus former TNA star "The VIP" Cassidy Riley & former NWA Florida champ Steve "the Moose" Madison.
* Former TNA stars Jesse Neal & "the Toxic Knockout" Christina Von Eerie versus Chasyn Rance & Santana Garrett in a Mixed Tag Team Match with WWE Hall of Famer Tammy "Sunny" Sytch serving as a Special Guest Referee.
* And self-proclaimed "King of Florida" Francisco Ciatso facing second-generation competitor Wes Brisco, son of WWE HOFer Gerald Brisco.
There will also be special appearances by Tommy Vandal and Pablo Marquez as well as former AWA World Heavyweight Champion "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko, who along with Koloff, will be on hand for autograph and photo opportunities.
Tickets to this great event featuring more than 30 Rising Stars, Superstars and Legends, are priced at just $25 and $20, a portion of which will benefit the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Foundation. For tickets or more information on Battle of the Belts, visit NWA Ring Warriors online at nwaringwarriors.com, connect with them on Facebook or call 954-828-2162.