Source: PWInsiderWWE held the annual shareholder's meeting on Friday morning at WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT. This time, Triple H was introduced under his real name along with the other WWE executives including Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn and Basil Devito. Here are some highlights:
* Vince guaranteed that WWE will be in stronger shape by this time next year. Vince talked about WWE attendance being up and RAW being up 3% in the ratings while SmackDown is up 15%.
* CFO George Barrios said that 37% of WWE business is now international.
* Barrios said 2010 was WWE's most profitable year but they lost $40 million in 2011. $30 million of that was losses from WWE Studios. WWE was also hurt last year by holding off on rights fees of non-RAW and SmackDown shows as they hold them off for the Network.
* Barrios added that WWE is the #2 action figure brand.
* WWE Studios head Michael Luisi said they will now be doing PG-13 and R rated movies as well as different genre films like horror, sci-fi, drama and others. They will also continue to do PG movies.
* WWE will also focus on working on pre-existing franchises and producing sequels as a way to tap into those movies fanbases and broaden their own film base beyond the WWE fans.
* WWE Studios has began acquiring completed movies which will allow them to take the movie, brand it as a WWE film and market it over the various WWE properties.
* Marine: Homefront will begin filming in June and a WWE Superstar will be announced in the starring role soon. Horror movie No One Lives with Brodus Clay in a supporting role will be released in 2013.
WrestlingInc.com is the largest independently owned wrestling website in the world (Source: Alexa).
Like us on Facebook by clicking the "Like" button below:
WWE NXT Live Viewing Party
Jimmy Snuka Suffering From Dementia, May Not Be Able To Stand Trial According To Lawyer
Top Indie Star Reportedly "Rubs People The Wrong Way" After WWE NXT Tryout Match
WWE Removes "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka From Hall Of Fame Section On Website
Possible WWE Return At Next Week's TV Tapings, Note On Sting's Status, WWE Stock Back Up
Daniel Bryan Advertised For Overseas WWE Live Event, Roman Reigns & Paige, Night Of Champions Theme
Former WCW Announcer Talks Dying Days Of WCW, The State Of TNA Today, Jerry Lawler Backstage, More
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Sting Returns, John Cena Cashes In, Beat The Clock, More
Dolph Ziggler On Rusev Dating Lana, WWE Tough Enough Future, Xavier Woods Talks To WWE Stars
Brock Lesnar's Opponent For WWE Network Special From Madison Square Garden Revealed
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
WWE Releases Zahra Schreiber