|By Raj Giri||June 03, 2012 | Comments|
I arrived at the arena several hours early in hopes of meeting a few of the wrestlers. The first I saw arrive was Ryback. He basically nodded to the crowd and walked in. Next up was Kaitlyn and AJ. They didn't acknowledge us and walked straight in as well. I was just about to walk in when Damien Sandow and Tyson Kidd pulled up. Sandow walked in, but Kidd walked up and was very fan friendly. He signed autographs and took pictures with anyone who wanted one. Very Cool. Now onto the show. Matt Striker came out and served as ring announcer for the evening.
* Sin Cara and Tyson Kidd defeated Hunico and Camacho via roll up. This was a really good match that got the crowd really hyped. Sin Cara looked really sharp and had a lot of oooh and aahh moments. The finish saw Sin Cara reverse a roll up on Hunico for the win.
* Jinder Mahal defeated Ezekiel Jackson via submission. This was an ok match with Mahal receiving a ton of heat. Mahal wins with the camel clutch.
* Ryback defeated Heath Slater. Your typical squash match here. Slater actually did get in some offense, but Ryback wins with his finisher.
At this point in the show Cody Rhodes came out and told Striker that when he comes out for his title match, he better introduce him as the future Intercontinental champion.
* Damien Sandow defeated Richie Steamboat. Sandow did some pretty good mike work before the match to draw a lot of heat. Steamboat was introduced as the son of Hall of Famer Ricky Steamboat, and had a lot of support from the crowd, with several Steamboat chants throughout the match. Sandow wins with a neck breaker.
* Christian defeated Cody Rhodes in a 2 out of 3 falls match to retain the Intercontinental title. This was an awesome match that saw Christian win with a frog splash. As he was celebrating, Teddy Long came out and told Christian he was sorry, but John Laurinaitis instructed him to make this a 2 out of 3 falls match. As he was talking, Aksana came out and told Teddy he still had to wear that giant name tag and proceeded to place it on him. Long then said that there was also a special referee, Jinder Mahal. As Christian was distracted with everything going on, Cody Rhodes caught him with the kick to the head off of the second rope to win the second fall. The finish of the third fall saw Rhodes run into Mahal and Christian catching him with the Kill Switch. Referee Charles Robinson ran down to make the 3 count.
Intermission: Matt Striker throws out merchandise.
* AJ defeated Kaitlyn. AJ came out acting like her old self and the two shook hands before the match. The finish saw AJ appear to get hurt and Kaitlyn and the referee Marc Harris checking on her. As Kaitlyn attempted to help her up, AJ did her thing where she flips out and jumped out Kaitlyn and repeatedly hit her in the head. AJ then landed a running knee for the win.
* Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio (w/ Ricardo Rodriguez) to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. Great match. Rodriguez did a great job interacting with the crowd. Sheamus lands the Brogue kick for the win. After the match, Sheamus posed and shook hands with the crowd.
Overall it was a really good show. The arena was not quite half full, which was disappointing. But they were very vocal, and into every match. The set up was also much more elaborate than any other house show I have been to, including to big screens to play videos before the show, play entrances, and even included a backstage promo from Del Rio and Rodriguez.
3) Kane/Sin Cara
1) Alberto Del Rio
2) Cody Rhodes
3) Damien Sandow
Chris Cushman contributed to this article. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Matt Hardy Defending At Big WrestleCade Today, Two More EVOLVE Tournaments, ROH Final Battle
Raven On Why He Recently Sued WWE, Drinking With Shane McMahon, Impressing Vince McMahon, More
WWE Legend Pulled Due To Health, The Wyatts Vs. The Dudleyz, The Undertaker Gets WWE DVD Cover
Solomon Crowe's First Tweet Since Release, ECW Original Injured In Car Accident, WWE NXT DVD Note
Sheamus On Finn Balor And Becky Lynch, This WWE World Title Win Vs. Others, Changing His Look, More
WINC Podcast (11/27): Video Stream, Record Low Raw Ratings, How Can WWE Turn It Around? More
Why The Rock's Muscle & Fitness Issue Is So Big, Chyna And Billy Gunn Reunite (Photo), Sami Zayn
Backstage Talk On WWE Pushing Roman Reigns To The WWE World Heavyweight Title, Turning The Fans
Former WWE NXT Creative Assistant Nails It In Rant About WWE's Product And Their Ratings Decline
Kurt Angle Talks About His Best Friends In WWE, Brock Lesnar Demanding To Lose To Him, Best Workers
Dolph Ziggler On How He Felt With Lana Pairing, WWEShop Black Friday Sale, Weekend WWE Live Events
Brad Maddox Tweets After Release, WWE Star Feeds Homeless On Thanksgiving, Post-WrestleMania Tour