UFC Champ Goes Crazy During Media Call, Upcoming NWA & PCW Events, Cabana's Latest
|By Raj Giri||June 26, 2012 | Comments|
- You can check out a review for Saturday's IZW show at this link.
- NWA Bluegrass presents "ReGENESIS" on Saturday, July 7 at the Roy F. Collier Community Center in Inez, Kentucky with a 7:30 pm bell time. Former ROH champion "Best in the World" Davey Richards will face two-time NWA National Champion and current NWA Bahama's Champion Chance Prophet in the main event. You can get more information about the event on their Facebook page by clicking here.
- PCW presents "Star Spangled Battle" on Sunday, July 8 at the Harpers Ferry KOA in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. You can get more information or purchase tickets at primalconflictwrestling.com.
- Reigning UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, who is usually one of the company's most respectful and sportsmanlike fighters, went off about his UFC 148 opponent Chael Sonnen during a media call yesterday. Silva had been listening to Sonnen's taunts for the past two years, and apparently decided that it had been enough.
"I'm going to break his face and every tooth in his mouth," Silva said through his interpreter and manager Ed Soares. "I know he's on the call listening to this and playtime is over. There's no more talking from him. I'm going to beat him out of the UFC. I'm going to make him pay for everything he's said about me, my family and my country. I'm going to beat him maybe like his parents should have to teach him some manners. I'll teach him those manners myself.
"No more sh** talking from him," Silva continued. "Chael Sonnen's going to get his ass kicked like he's never gotten his ass kicked before. What I'm going to do inside the Octagon is something that's going to change the image of the sport, I'm sorry. I'm going to beat his ass like he's never been beaten before. This is going to be violent and I am sorry. I'm going to make sure that every one of his teeth are broken, that his arms are broken and his legs are broken. He's not going to be able to walk out of the Octagon by himself. I can guarantee that. He will need a plastic surgeon afterwards."
You can read more from the call, including reactions from Sonnen and UFC President Dana White, at FightLine.com by clicking here.
- Here is the most recent episode of Colt Cabana's "Creative Has Nothing For You":
Nugoxyi contributed to this article. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.