- AJ is backstage with what appears to be Daniel Bryan, Kane and CM Punk. She's asked them here. She tells Bryan they're going to have to drift apart. She says she loses all inhibitions when she sees Kane and just wants to get wild. AJ says she would like to be soul mates with Punk but she isn't sure what he's thinking. AJ says it's best if they all go their separate ways. The camera moves and we see she was just talking to herself in a mirror, rehearsing. We cut to the RAW opening video.
- We're live from Fort Wayne, Indiana as the pyro goes off and Michael Cole welcomes us. He and Jerry Lawler hype tonight's show and a singles match with Brodus Clay and Big Show. Also tonight, John Cena's big announcement.
- We go to the stage and out comes Vickie Guerrero, tonight's General Manager. Vickie is excited about tonight and has a Triple Threat Elimination Match up first.
Triple Threat Elimination Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Kane vs. CM Punk
We go to the ring and out first comes Daniel Bryan. Kane is out next followed by the WWE Champion CM Punk to a big pop.
The bell rings and Punk goes at it with Kane. Kane shoves him off and does the same to Bryan. Kane with a scoop slam on Bryan and more shots for Punk. Kane drops Punk with a back elbow but gets stopped by Bryan. Bryan with kicks to Kane's leg. Punk joins in and they beat Kane down with kicks. Bryan rolls Punk up for 2 as Kane goes out to the floor. They lock up and Punk drops Bryan with a shoulder. Punk grabs Bryan in mid-air and atomic drops him. Punk goes for a submission and we see AJ watching backstage. Punk goes to dive through the ropes on Kane but gets stopped with a right hand. Bryan leaps off the apron but Kane catches him in mid-air and slams him into the barrier. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane is in control in the ring. He climbs up top but Bryan cuts him off. Bryan goes for a superplex but Punk stops them. Punk gets Bryan on his shoulders. Kane comes down but Punk moves them and rolls Bryan up for a 2 count. Kane grabs both men for a chokeslam but they kick him and hit a double suplex. Punk and Bryan trade shots now. Punk drops Bryan with a dropkick and clotheslines. Punk shoves Bryan into Kane and then dumps Kane out to the floor. Punk now dumps Bryan out on top of Kane. Punk runs the ropes and dives through, taking out both men.
Punk springboards in but Bryan catches him in the Yes Lock. Punk blocks it and catapults Bryan into Kane on the apron. Punk covers Bryan but his leg gets on the bottom rope. Punk goes for GTS on Bryan but Kane drops them both with a big boot. Kane with a 2 count on Punk. Kane with a sideslam on Kane for another 2 count. Kane with a big right hand from the top rope now. Kane calls for the chokeslam but AJ's music hits and out she comes skipping around the ring. Kane goes for the chokeslam but Punk slides out. Punk hits GTS on Kane and covers him. Kane is eliminated.
Bryan comes right in and lays Punk out with a kick to the head. Bryan covers for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- Vickie Guerrero is backstage when Alberto Del Rio walks in with Ricardo Rodriguez and a dozen flowers. Dolph Ziggler walks in and says he is the rightful #1 contender to the World Heavyweight Title. Ziggler tells Vickie he only needs one more shot at the title. Vickie says she's made a #1 contender's match. There will be a contract attached to a pole and the first man to get it faces Sheamus on SmackDown. Ricardo brings the flowers back in a vase. Ziggler takes them and smashes them into the wall.
- Still to come, Big Show vs. Brodus Clay. Back to commercial.
Brodus Clay vs. Big Show
The bell rings and they go at it. Show goes for a big chop in the corner but Brodus fights out. Brodus takes Show down with a big headbutt. Show takes Clay's injured knee out and goes to work on it with Big Elbow drops. Show takes Clay to the ring post and slams his leg into it. Show climbs to the second rope and comes splashing down. Show goes for the knockout punch but Clay fights back with headbutts. Clay goes for a scoop slam but his leg goes out and Show falls on top of him for the win.
Winner: Big Show
- After the match, Clay's dancers come check on his knee with some trainers.
- Lawler hypes John Cena's big announcement for later tonight. Cole leads us into a video package looking at John Cena making his 300th wish with the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Back from commercial and this week's 1000th RAW moment looks back at Bob Barker hosting the show in 2009.
Cole and Lawler look back at what just happened with Big Show and Brodus Clay. During the commercial, Clay was being helped out of the arena by trainers when Big Show laid him out with a knockout punch.
- Cole talks about Triple H challenging Brock Lesnar to a match at SummerSlam. We see the footage from No Way Out where Triple H issued the challenge and then the next night on RAW where Triple H hit Paul Heyman. It's announced that next week, Brock Lesnar will have an official answer for Triple H's SummerSlam challenge.
- AJ is backstage talking to Kane. He says she makes him feel things he never thought possible. Kane says it's not a good thing. Kane says he's not exactly boyfriend material and she says that's OK. Kane says he doesn't do relationships. He's a monster, he wears a mask. His only source of pleasure is eviscerating people. Kane says even he finds AJ mentally unstable. Kane says it's best if they just stay away from each other. Kane tells her goodbye and walks off. AJ starts smiling and crying as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jack Swagger is in the ring. Out next comes the WWE United States Champion Santino Marella. This is Santino's first time defending the title on RAW since April. Swagger drops Santino with a big right hand to start the match. Swagger takes it to the corner and beats Santino down.
Santino turns it around in the corner and they go back and forth. Swagger blocks a shot in the corner and slams Santino with a big powerslam. Swagger with a 2 count. Santino makes another comeback but Swagger drops him again. Santino bounces right back with right hands and a big hip toss. Santino with a headbutt before pulling out the Cobra. Swagger grabs him but gets countered with a DDT. Santino drops Swagger with the Cobra for the win.
Winner: Santino Marella
- Still to come tonight, a Beach Bikini Battle Royal with the WWE Divas. John Cena is backstage walking when he runs into Zack Ryder and a box of John Laurinaitis People Power t-shirts. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes John Cena to a decent reaction from the crowd. Cena says he sent out a tweet earlier and promised a historic announcement. Cena says WWE has been turned upside down and compares it to a bad episode of Star Wars. Cena tells a Star Wars story centered around Show Vader vs. Cena Skywalker. Cena goes to make his announcement but the lights go out and here comes Chris Jericho making his return.
Jericho makes his way to the ring as Cole talks about how he just returned from a successful European tour with Fozzy. We see footage of them playing in concert. The crowd chants for Jericho as he takes the mic. Jericho asks Cena what the hell is he talking about. Jericho tells him to make the announcement, then shut the hell up and get out of his ring. Jericho says tonight is his night.
Cena says to stop Big Show from winning Money in the Bank, he is putting himself in the match for the first time ever. Cena talks about the WWE Title and says he is going to win the whole thing at Money in the Bank. Jericho knocks Cena and talks about how his experience in MITB matches. Jericho talks about how serious the match is and calls it a career ender. Jericho says instead of worrying about Big Show, maybe Cena needs to worry about him. Jericho enters himself into the Money in the Bank Ladder Match officially. Vickie Guerrero interrupts from the stage.
Vickie confirms there will be two MITB matches at the pay-per-view - one for a WWE Title shot and one for a World Title shot. Jericho tries to interrupt her but she shuts him up. She announces that only former WWE Champions can compete in the WWE Title MITB match. They will be Kane, John Cena, Big Show and Chris Jericho. Jericho vs. Cena is announced for tonight.
- We've got another Legend backstage ready to return in honor of the upcoming 1000th RAW. It's someone who hasn't been on RAW in 15 years. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Lilian Garcia begins to introduce a former RAW main eventer when she's interrupted by Heath Slater. We see footage from last week where Slater was laid out by Cyndi Lauper in the segment with Layla, Roddy Piper and Wendi Richter. Slater says he doesn't care about what they think of him because he's one of the top Superstars on RAW. Slater says he rules the world. The music hits and here comes Psycho Sid Vicious! Sid gets a reaction but noticeably less than what Vader got.
Psycho Sid vs. Heath Slater
Sid enters the ring and Slater backs him in the corner. Sid smacks Slater in the chest and sends him to the mat. Sid with a kick to the chest. Sid sits Slater on the top and smacks him off. Sid with a big slam. Slater ducks a clothesline and beats Sid down to one knee. Slater runs into a big clothesline. Sid hits the big leg drop and calls for a powerbomb. Sid nails the powerbomb on Slater and covers him for the win.
- Still to come, the Divas Battle Royal and John Cena vs. Chris Jericho. Back to commercial.
#1 Contender's Match: Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler
We go to the ring and there's a contract hanging on a pole. Lilian Garcia explains the rules. The first man to climb the pole and get the contract will face Sheamus for the World Title on SmackDown this week. Ricardo Rodriguez begins the introduction as Alberto Del Rio makes his way in. Dolph Ziggler is out next.
The bell rings and they go. Ziggler goes for the pole early but Del Rio takes him to the corner and beats him down. Del Rio goes for the pole but Ziggler stops him. More back and forth. Del Rio hits a backbreaker and goes for the pole. Ziggler stops him again and climbs up. Del Rio stops him again but gets dropped by a dropkick. Ziggler gets thrown to the apron and makes another play for the contract but Del Rio stops him again. Del Rio climbs up and gets close but Ziggler climbs up his back. Del Rio puts Ziggler on his back and falls from up high with a big Samoan Drop.
They tangle on the corner again. The contract falls to the floor. They fight over it but it keeps falling out of their hands. Cole says you must control the contract to win the match. They continue fighting and both go down as the contract falls to the mat again. Ricardo comes in but Ziggler superkicks him and the contract flies out to the floor. Ziggler crawls for it but Del Rio stops him. Del Rio goes for it but he gets pulled back now. They tumble out of the other side of the ring and hit the floor. The music hits and out comes World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus to the stage. Sheamus says they can stop fighting because Vickie has made Sheamus vs. Ziggler vs. Del Rio for the World Title this Friday on SmackDown. Ziggler and Del Rio look on from the floor as Sheamus raises his title up high.
- We get a look back earlier tonight where Daniel Bryan won the Elimination Match against Kane and CM Punk. Punk vs. Bryan is announced for the WWE Title at Money in the Bank. Punk is backstage when AJ Lee walks up. She wants to make it up to Punk for his loss earlier. She is going to dedicate her match tonight to Punk, the Divas Battle Royal. Punk says maybe later they can sit down and have a serious talk about what's going on between them. She says she's open to taking it to the next level and walks off. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and all the Divas are in the ring. Vickie Guerrero comes down and puts herself in the match. She knocks the other Divas aside and disrobes to reveal her bathing suit. The match starts and they all go after Vickie first. Aksana and Alicia are some of the first ones eliminated. Rosa and Kaitlyn also go out. Next is Tamina by Beth Phoenix. Beth and Natalya go after Layla but Natalya gets eliminated. Layla eliminates Beth. It's down to Layla, AJ and Vickie. AJ grabs Layla and tosses her out but she hangs on. Layla ends up getting eliminated. Vickie comes from behind and tries to eliminate AJ but she hangs on. Vickie celebrates but turns around to AJ smiling at her. Vickie shoves her. AJ comes back and they catfight. AJ kicks Vickie out for the win.
Winner: AJ Lee
- AJ celebrates in the ring by chanting "YES!" like Daniel Bryan.
- Still to come, Cena vs. Jericho in the main event. Back to commercial.
Chris Jericho vs. John Cena
Back from the break and out first comes Chris Jericho followed by John Cena. The bell rings and they lock up, going to the corner. Cena takes Jericho down with a headlock.
Back from the break and Jericho is in control. Jericho with a dropkick from the corner for a 2 count. Jericho with a back drop and stomps on Cena. Jericho bounces back and dropkicks Cena out of the ring. Cena comes back in but Jericho keeps control. Cena fights free finally but Jericho drops him with an elbow. Jericho lands on his feet from a Lionsault. Cena comes back with the shoulder blocks and the big back drop. Jericho blocks the Five Knuckle Shuffle and goes for the Walls of Jericho but Cena blocks that. Cena goes for the AA but Jericho blocks it. Cena with a big slam and the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Big Show's music interrupts and out he comes.
Jericho counters AA again and goes for Walls of Jericho. He locks it in as Show enters the ring. Show drops a big leg on Cena while he's in the Walls. The referee calls for the match. Jericho looks at Show and backs off, leaving Cena to get beat up.
Winner by DQ: John Cena
- After the match, Show grabs Cena and drops him with a big chokeslam. Show applies the Colossal Clutch as the referee begs him to let it go. Cena almost passes out in the Clutch. Show drops him on his face and stares at the referee as RAW goes off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.