|By Marc Middleton | July 02, 2012 | Comments|
Source: F4WOnlineF4Wonline.com reports that WWE officials want Bruno Sammartino to be the headliner for the 2013 Hall of Fame class from the New York City area. WWE has already contacted Sammartino about being inducted but we do not know his response to them yet.
Sammartino's past with WWE is a troubled one. He hasn't worked with them since the late 1980's and has been very critical of Vince McMahon and the WWE product over the years. Sammartino has turned down several projects from WWE over the years, declined invitations to shows and spoken out against them in the media.
So far this year, only one other name has been rumored for the 2013 Hall of Fame - Rena "Sable" Lesnar. The former WWE Women's Champion was rumored around WrestleMania time this year when it became clear that Brock Lesnar, her husband, would be performing at WrestleMania 29.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Vince Russo Recalls Original Plans For Chris Jericho's WWF Debut
Ric Flair Talks About Having To Take A Physical For WWE, What Doctors Said
ECW Original Talks Punishment From Paul Heyman, Trying To Stand Out In ECW, New Jack, More
Video: John Cena, Cesaro And Other Congratulate Finn Balor, Balor Does Bullet Club Gesture
UFC 189 To Break Gate Record, Refunds, Hot Arianny Magazine Photos, Horsewoman At Wrestling Event
Brock Lesnar Sends Warning To WWE Champion Seth Rollins
Tough Enough Divas Go At It On Twitter, Gabi Says Amanda Lied About Breast Implant Surgery
John Cena Vs. Kevin Owens Correction, Detailed Report Of WWE Live Event In Singapore
WWE "The Beast In The East" Results - Brock Lesnar Returns To Action, NXT Title Match, More
Stone Cold Steve Austin Tells Unreal Story About Having To Call 911 Over A Fall Recently
Bad News Regarding Awesome Steve Austin Story, Eugene Note, King Barrett Wants WWE Championship
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins Congratulates New TNA Champion EC3