|By Marc Middleton | July 23, 2012 | Comments|
Lita vs. Heath Slater
Back from the break and out comes WWE United States Champion Santino Marella and Hornswoggle. WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel is the special ring announcer. Heath Slater is out next. He takes the mic and says what has happened in the past doesn't matter - only tonight matters. Slater challenges the Legends to a No DQ, No Countout match. The music hits and out comes Lita.
Slater takes the mic and laughs but accepts the challenge. She brought some protection and out comes JBL and Ron Simmons - the return of the APA. Slater leaves the ring and heads up the ramp. He's interrupted by the LOD music and out comes all the Legends who have faced Slater in recent weeks. Animal, Sid, Vader, Rikishi, Sgt. Slaughter, Roddy Piper, Diamond Dallas Page, Doink the Clown and Bob Backlund. They throw Slater back in the ring. She hits a Twist of Fate while JBL hits a big Clothesline from Hell. Lita gets the win.
- All the Legends come into the ring to celebrate with Lita. Everything stops and Ron Simmons does a "DAMN!" at Slater. The Legends celebrate some more and taunt Slater.
- Former announcer Sean Mooney is backstage with Daniel Bryan. Bryan isn't happy about what happened or being insulted by Charlie Sheen. We go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Michael Cole is at ringside with WWE's 100 millionth social media fan. He talks about how he's having a better night than Daniel Bryan. The next RAW 1000 video features Muppet Fozzie. He talks about some of the WWE catchphrases over the year and shows us a video.
- Zack Ryder is backstage with Mean Gene Okerlund and John Cena. Ryder says Gene was behind GTV, an old angle from years ago. The Rock walks up so Gene and Ryder leave. Cena says it's been a long time. Rock wishes Cena good luck. Cena brings up The Rock and the Royal Rumble. Cena says he's cashing in tonight and will become the WWE Champion so he can get one more shot at The Great One. Rock says he can't begin to tell Cena how much he's looking forward to that. Rock wishes Cena good luck again as we go back to break.
- Back from the break and out comes Kane. Kane goes to do his pyro but is interrupted by Jinder Mahal. He comes out with Tyler Reks, Curt Hawkins, Camacho, Hunico and Drew McIntyre. They surround the ring but the lights go out and here comes The Undertaker.
Taker makes his entrance to the ring as Kane looks on. The other Superstars are talking at ringside. Taker takes his hood off to reveal the same hairstyle he had at WrestleMania. Kane and Taker stare at each other. The heels hit the ring but Taker and Kane fight them off. It comes down to Hawkins and Hunico but they catch chokeslams at the same time. They do the cutthroat and scoop Hawkins and Hunico up for Tombstones. The crowd chants "this is awesome" as Taker and Kane clear the ring of Hawkins and Hunico. Taker drops to one knee and poses while his music starts. Kane stands behind him and makes the pyro go off to end the segment.
- We go to video from a "be a STAR" rally in St. Louis earlier today.
- Back from commercial and the announcers go back to Charlie Sheen on Skype. They ask him about Daniel Bryan's threats from earlier. Sheen disses Bryan and says he won't be hiding from him. Lawler asks if Sheen is challenging Bryan to a match and he says Bryan can interpret it however he wants. Cole teases that there may be a confrontation at SummerSlam.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Total Divas: Alicia's Relationship Woes, Nikki's New Career, Eva Marie, More
Daniel Bryan Thanks The Fans Again, Bryan Appearance This Week, NHL Team Pays Tribute To Bryan
WWE NXT Superstars Win Tonight's Dark Match, WWE RAW Rating Up, Mark Henry Teams With Darren Young
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Tapings For This Week
Daniel Bryan On How Many Concussions He's Had, Seizures, What He Will Miss The Most, More (Videos)
Early Betting Odds For CM Punk's UFC Debut Fight
AJ Styles On Keeping His WWE Debut A Secret, NJPW Stars Coming In, Post-Retirement With WWE, More
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Daniel Bryan Retires, Fastlane Contract Signing, Divas, More
Daniel Bryan Reportedly Tried To Give WWE His Notice, Was Blocked From Doing So
Backstage Video Of Daniel Bryan With Family At RAW, CM Punk Reacts To His Retirement, More On Bryan
Vince McMahon Comments On Daniel Bryan's WWE Retirement
Backstage Notes And Speculation On Daniel Bryan's WWE Retirement, Contract Status
Daniel Bryan Announces His Retirement
Daniel Bryan Officially Announces His Retirement, What Happened After RAW, Why He Cut His Hair