- Tonight's WWE RAW kicks off with the new intro video that debuted on last week's 1,000th episode. We're live from the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. Fans are still coming in because of a fire that happened inside the arena earlier. Jerry Lawler shows footage of the RAW set catching on fire earlier this evening after a pyro glitch.
- Cole leads us into a video package looking back at RAW 1000.
Punk says he had a RAW moment last week bigger than most people's WrestleMania moments. He wants to explain something before he gets into why he did what he did to The Rock. Punk says the way RAW 1000 went off the air left a bad taste in his mouth. Punk brings up Lawler's quote - "CM Punk has turned his back on the WWE Universe." Punk goes to ringside where Lawler is seated. Punk sits the WWE Title on the announcers table and sits cross legged on top of it, in front of Lawler. Punk says he is used to bad commentary but asks how Lawler jumped to such a bad conclusion. Punk says if anything, Lawler turned his back on Punk because the last time he checked, The Rock wasn't the WWE Universe. Punk calls Rock an extremely charismatic, deranged movie star. Punk says Rock disrespected him. Punk says Rock acted like he was invisible when he went into his tired schtick on Daniel Bryan. Punk says Rock is lucky he didn't hurt him right then and there when he was first disrespected. Punk says Rock tried to make RAW 1000 all about him and that's when Punk showed him the kind of man he will be dealing with at Royal Rumble. Punk says this isn't ballet, this is WWE and he is it's champion. Punk is still seated in front of Lawler on the table. Punk brings up how Rock has been quiet for a week. Punk accuses Lawler of having an agenda and spinning it. Punk says he ended RAW 1000 like every issue should end - with the spotlight on the WWE Champion, the best wrestler in the world. Big Show's music hits and out he comes.
Punk says Show must have came to steal the spotlight too. Show says the end of RAW 1000 was actually all about him. Show says he's the one who cost John Cena the WWE Title and caused him to fail at cashing in Money in the Bank. Show says he knocked out Cena and Punk still couldn't beat him. Show says Punk would have tapped out in the STF if it weren't for him. Show says the only reason Punk is still WWE Champion is because of him. Show vows that he will be the next WWE Champion. The crowd boos and Punk laughs at him. Punk says he is the only one winning anything between them two. John Cena's music hits and out he comes running to the ring. Cena unloads on Big Show as Punk watches. Show pushes him away and rolls out of the ring. Cena is hype as Show looks on from the floor and Punk leans against the ropes watching, shaking his head. Justin Roberts introduces AJ Lee and out comes the General Manager.
For tonight's main event, AJ announces Show vs. Cena with the winner facing CM Punk at SummerSlam. AJ leaves as everyone has words.
- Daniel Bryan is shown backstage approaching AJ's office.
Santino Marella vs. Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and out comes the WWE United States Champion Santino Marella. Ricardo Rodriguez begins the introduction for Alberto Del Rio and out he comes for a non-title match. Del Rio's car wasn't allowed in the building because of the fire that happened earlier.
The bell rings and they go at it until Del Rio drops Santino and works him over, taking control. Santino fights back but Del Rio suplexes him and stomps some more. Del Rio with kicks in the corner now. Santino makes a comeback and sends Del Rio out to the floor with a dropkick. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Del Rio is working on the arm. Santino fights out of a hold and tries for a comeback but gets beat back down. Del Rio goes back to work on the arm now. Santino fights out with a suplex and then right hands. Santino drops with the split but Del Rio kicks him in the head. Santino comes back again and pulls out the Cobra. Del Rio blocks it and throws Santino shoulder first into the ring post. Del Rio with an armbreaker and then the submission for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Del Rio stands over Santino and says he just destroyed the US Champion like it was nothing. Del Rio says Santino is beneath him as is Sheamus and all of the fans. Del Rio says from now on, he will not compete unless it's a World Heavyweight Title match so he says he won't be wrestling until SummerSlam.
- Still to come, Cena vs. Show.
- Back from the break and Brodus Clay is in the ring dancing with Cameron and Naomi. Vickie Guerrero comes out running her mouth. She tells them to step aside and has some old school hip-hop played. Vickie starts dancing but is interrupted by Damien Sandow. Sandow says a horrible crime was committed against humanity last week. He shows us footage of DX beating him up at RAW 1000. Sandow just attacks Clay and takes his leg out. Sandow beats Clay down and hits him with a bunch of knees. Sandow continues the assault and rips Clay's necklace. Sandow poses as his music hits and Cole plays up the fact that Sandow has snapped.
- We get a look back at Dolph Ziggler and Chris Jericho getting into it 2 weeks ago. They also show Ziggler teasing a cash in on SmackDown and Jericho throwing him into the ring for a Brogue Kick from Sheamus. Jericho then hit Ziggler with a Codebreaker, while wearing a Ziggler t-shirt. Announced for later tonight is Christian and Jericho vs. Miz and Ziggler. Back to commercial.
- Back from commercial and Bryan walks into AJ's office. He asks her if she's insane for embarrassing him and leaving him at the altar last week. She tells him to shut up. She's not his bride to be anymore... she's his boss. AJ says she saw some "groomsmen" who looked like they were from a mental hospital. She wonders if he was marrying her just to have her legally committed. She's booked him in a match against Sheamus tonight. Bryan asks if it's for the World Title and she says no. AJ chants "no" in Bryan's face and he storms off.
- We get a look back at RAW 1000 with Triple H and Brock Lesnar going at it.
- Cole and Lawler tell fans to go on Twitter and vote for what kind of match Sheamus vs. Bryan will be for tonight - a No Holds Barred, Falls Count Anywhere or a Street Fight. Josh Mathews catches up with Sheamus backstage. He likes how AJ has put the match in the fans hands. Sheamus asks Mathews is he's alright and says he's been acting a bit off. Mathews looks confused as Sheamus tells him to relax and take it easy before walking off. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Cole show footage of the arena fire from earlier again.
Street Fight: Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
We go to the ring and out comes Daniel Bryan first. Bryan takes a mic and demands the fans stop chanting yes. He says only he is allowed to chant it. Out next comes the World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus for a non-title match. It's announced by Jerry Lawler that the match will be a Street Fight with 73% of the vote. The match starts and they go at it back and forth. Sheamus catches Bryan with a huge powerslam for a pin attempt. Sheamus with knees to the back now.
Bryan drops Sheamus into the turnbuckle and takes control of the match. Bryan works on the shoulder now. Sheamus comes back with a big shoulder and knocks Bryan down. Sheamus drops more knees for a 2 count. Bryan rolls out to the floor and Sheamus follows. Sheamus tosses him into the fan barrier a few times. Bryan gets dropped on the steel ramp as they fight up to the stage. Sheamus slams Bryan head first into the big W. Sheamus goes for White Noise but Bryan blocks it and kicks Sheamus while he's on his knees. Bryan runs and dropkicks Sheamus from the stage to the concrete. Sheamus clutches his ankle but gets up. Bryan leaps off the stage with a knee to the face and Sheamus goes back down as we take another commercial break.
Back from the break and Bryan has Sheamus down in the ring, working on his shoulder. Sheamus fights out but Bryan stops the comeback with a knee to the gut. Bryan knocks Sheamus back to the floor. Bryan leaps off the apron but Sheamus catches him and tosses him into the barrier. Sheamus puts Bryan on the barrier and hits him with a series of big forearm shots to the chest. Sheamus suplexes Bryan back on the floor and brings it in the ring. Sheamus throws in a kendo stick and steel chair but Bryan slides them back out of the ring. Sheamus clotheslines him back to the floor. Sheamus comes out but gets smacked in the head with a kendo stick. Bryan comes in the ring with more kendo shots, beating Sheamus down in the corner.
Sheamus stops Bryan with headbutts and gets the kendo stick. Sheamus wails away with it but Bryan dropkicks him back into the steel chair that he wedged in the corner. Bryan with a 2 count. They go back to the floor to brawl. Sheamus takes apart the steel steps and goes to slam Bryan on them. He blocks it but Sheamus catches him for White Noise. Bryan blocks that and rams Sheamus shoulder first into the ring post. Bryan picks up the steps and slides them in the ring. Bryan tosses Sheamus into the fan barrier again. Bryan brings him in the ring and they fight for the kendo stick. Sheamus scoops Bryan for White Noise on top of the steps but Bryan blocks it. Sheamus lays him out on top of the steps with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus covers for the win.
- The feed has a technical glitch before Cole shows us CM Punk speaking to Jerry Lawler earlier tonight. Still to come tonight, Show vs. Cena. We take another commercial break.
- Back from the break and Bryan is down in the ring with referees. He's yelling that he won't leave the ring until he gets a doctor. Bryan continues throwing a fit as Cole shows us footage of CM Punk John Cena and Big Show from earlier tonight.
- Bryan finally gets a doctor to come in as the WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston and R-Truth come out. Kofi tells Bryan to do everyone a favor and just leave. Truth says they have business to handle. Bryan introduces himself to Little Jimmy and then kicks the little guy out of the ring. Truth runs out of the ring to check on Little Jimmy. Bryan ridicules him for consoling an invisible child. Bryan's guys in white suits come out. They're here to take Truth away for being crazy. GM AJ comes out and says Truth isn't the one who needs help, Bryan is. She says he seems mentally unstable tonight and in the interest of a safe working environment, Bryan needs a psychiatric evaluation. AJ has Bryan escorted out of the ring by the guys in white suits. Bryan confronts AJ on the stage and just stares at her before walking off to the back with the guys in white around him. Back to commercial.
- It's announced that Vince McMahon will be on SmackDown to name a new General Manager.
Kofi Kingston vs. Titus O'Neil
R-Truth and Little Jimmy sit at ringside as Kofi Kingston waits in the ring. They air some fan videos from Tout. AW comes out next to introduce Titus O'Neil and Darren Young. It's Titus vs. Kofi here.
Back and forth to start the match. AW is mic'd up again so we have to hear him. AW makes a reference to the Kobe Bryant rape case from Colorado. Kofi comes back and drops Titus on his face after being down for a few minutes. Kofi fights back with chops and a big dropkick to the jaw. Kofi with another big shot and then the Boom Drop. Young gets on the apron but Truth lays him out. AW gets on the apron and throws his shoe at Kofi. AW runs off as Kofi throws the shoe back at him. Kofi turns around to a big slam from Titus for the win.
Winner: Titus O'Neil
- John Cena is backstage with CM Punk. Punk talks about the #1 contender match tonight. He says Cena is mad because he did to The Rock in one night what he couldn't do in a year. Punk tells Cena to get over it and get ready. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Cole says that they apologize for comments he made during the last match - the reference to the Kobe Bryant rape case.
Heath Slater vs. Randy Orton
Heath Slater is in the ring as we get a look back at his segment with the Legends at RAW 1000. Slater says the Legends have finally gone back to the retirement home so he can get his career back on track. Slater challenges any current WWE Superstar and here comes Randy Orton making his return.
The match starts and Slater takes Orton to the corner with offense. The referee backs him off as Slater unloads. Slater shows off and turns around to big clotheslines from Orton. Orton hits the powerslam and takes Slater to the apron for the second rope draping DDT. Orton drops to the mat and lays Slater out with a RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- Daniel Bryan is backstage talking to someone. He says his neck hurts and we see the doctor. He asks Bryan questions and Bryan answers them all with yes. Bryan interrupts the doctor and just goes on a wild "yes" chanting spree.
- Still to come, Jericho and Christian vs. Ziggler and Miz. Back to commercial.
Chris Jericho and Christian vs. The Miz and Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and out first comes Chris Jericho followed by his partner Christian. Out next comes WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz followed by his partner Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero and his Money in the Bank briefcase.
Ziggler starts things off with Christian and they go at it. Christian with an early pin attempt but Ziggler comes back. Miz comes in but Christian unloads on him and sends him right back to Ziggler for the tag. They lock up again and Jericho tags in as does Miz. Jericho drops Miz with a clothesline for 1. Jericho slams Miz and drops an elbow for another pin attempt. Ziggler comes back in and goes at it with Jericho. Jericho dumps him to the floor and tosses Miz over also. Christian goes to the top and leaps out onto both of them. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Jericho goes at it with Miz in the ring. Jericho with a 2 count. Miz comes back with a clothesline and a 2 count of his own. Miz with a headlock now. Jericho breaks free with a backdrop and makes the tag to Christian as Ziggler comes in. Christian unloads and hits the big drop down right hand. Christian with the elbow from the second rope. He goes for Killswitch but Ziggler blocks it. Christian with a roll up for 2. Christian fights off Miz in the corner but gets dropkicked by Ziggler for another 2 count. Miz comes back in and stomps away for another 2 count. Miz keeps control for another pin attempt. Christian ends up dumping Miz out to the floor again.
Miz stops Jericho from tagging and they double team Christian. Miz with a 2 count. Ziggler tags in for more double teaming. Ziggler with an elbow drop and another 2 count. Ziggler keeps Christian down on the mat as Vickie screams at ringside. Christian breaks free from a headlock but gets dropped with a neckbreaker by Ziggler. Ziggler misses the big leg drop but takes Christian to the corner for more offense. Christian finally takes Ziggler down and goes for the tag. Jericho comes in and unloads on Miz. Jericho dropkicks Ziggler from the apron to the floor and drops Miz with a bulldog. Jericho with a Lionsault on Miz for 2 as Ziggler makes the save. Christian spears Ziggler but Miz throws him into the ring post. Jericho with the Walls of Jericho on Miz but he counters it. Miz with a kick to the face. Jericho blocks Skull Crushing Finale and hits the Codebreaker for the win.
Winners: Christian and Chris Jericho
- After the match, Ziggler lays out Jericho with a briefcase shot to the head. Ziggler stands over Jericho and stares for a minute before leaving up the ramp with Vickie.
- We get another look back at the arena fire from earlier tonight before RAW hit the air.
- Another segment with Daniel Bryan and the psychiatrist backstage. They're looking at pictures and one of them is made to look like a goat face. Bryan says the only goat about him is that he's the greatest of all-time. Bryan asks the doctor if Charlie Sheen put him up to this. Bryan says if Sheen's watching, then he is the one winning, not Sheen. Back to commercial.
Tensai vs. Tyson Kidd
Back from the break and Tensai comes out to wait on Tyson Kidd. We get a look back at Kidd beating Tensai last month. Kidd strikes first with kicks but gets dropped with a big shoulder. Tensai with a splash in the corner and a big slingshot under the second rope. Tensai with a few elbow drops and strikes to the back of the head. Tensai applies the claw hold now and we see Kidd is bleeding from the head a bit.
Kidd tries for a comeback and rolls Tensai up for 2. Kidd with a big kick and a blockbuster from the top for a 2 count. Tensai comes out of nowhere with a big slam and backsplash for the win.
- After the match, Tensai picks Kidd up for a pair of big clotheslines. He drop elbows as the referee tells him to back off. Tensai drops Kidd with a big backbreaker as Sakamoto looks on from the corner. The referee reverses his decision and Kiss wins by DQ.
Winner by DQ: Tyson Kidd
- Tensai goes back after Kidd but officials back him off. Tensai looks around and tells Sakamoto to come to him. Tensai takes out his anger on Sakamoto and slaps him to the mat. Tensai dumps Sakamoto out to the floor.
- Another segment with Bryan and the doctor. The doctor finds him to have a weird obsession with Charlie Sheen but he is indeed 100% sane. Bryan is free to go. The red light comes on and in comes Kane. Kane says he's Bryan's anger management therapist. Kane slams Bryan into the walls and leaves him laying. Back to commercial.
- Lawler and Cole hype SummerSlam and we get another look at the segment Triple H and Brock Lesnar from RAW 1000.
Big Show vs. John Cena
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk for commentary. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Big Show. Show goes to ringside and has some words with Punk. John Cena is out next and the winner of this one will face Punk for the WWE Title at SummerSlam.
The bell rings and they go at it. Show knocks Cena to the mat first. Show takes it to the corners and drops Cena with a big back splash. Show slowly beats Cena around with headbutts. Punk rips on Lawler and calls his commentary awful. Cena finally fights back and jumps on Show's back with a sleeper. Show slams Cena back in the corner. Cena leaps off the ropes but Show catches him in a bearhug. Cena counters with another sleeper hold.
Punk continues to have words with Lawler on commentary as Cena brings Show to one knee with the sleeper. Show goes down and Cena gets a 2 count. We take another commercial break.
Back from the break and Cena fights back but Show knocks him out of the air. Show stands on Cena and runs his mouth to the fans. Show with another back splash in the corner. Show whips Cena into another corner but runs into boots. Cena with a bulldog. Cena tries to make another comeback but Show catches him in midair with another bearhug. Cena fights out and scoops Show but Show falls on top of him for a 2 count. Show calls for a chokeslam but Cena counters it with a DDT. Show catches Cena with a big sideslam. Show goes to the second rope for a big splash but Cena moves out of the way. Cena comes back with a shoulder and a back drop. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle but Show catches him with a chokeslam out of nowhere for a close 2 count. Show brings Cena back in the ring and knocks him right back out. Cena shoves Show into the ringpost. They fight at ringside and Cena gets launched into Punk and they both go down. Cena makes it back into the ring before the 10 count where Show waits. Cena finally goes for the Attitude Adjustment on Show but Punk makes the save. Punk then kicks Show in the face and lays him out. Punk takes a mic and announces that there is no winner. Punk leaves the ring and heads to the back when AJ comes out. She says both men are winners and Punk will defend at SummerSlam against Show and Cena in a Triple Threat. Punk comes back out and argues with AJ. RAW goes off the air with Punk demanding respect from AJ.
What are your thoughts of tonight's show? Sound off below.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.