Source: ROH World
Here are results from last night's Ring of Honor Wrestling television tapings from The Du Burns Arena in Baltimore, Maryland. The shows are scheduled to air leading into the "Death Before Dishonor X" iPPV event taking place on September 15th from Chicago, Illinois.
- Alabama Attitude defeated The Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
- Truth Martini calls out Jim Cornette and he says the HoT can take out Steen, Jacobs and Corino for him. Edwards cuts him off and says he should be #1 contender for the World Title which leads to our next match.
- Rhino defeated Eddie Edwards. This was an "Anything Goes" match with the winner facing the World champion at "Death Before Dishonor X." Rhino managed to pick up the win after a referee stoppage following a Gore through a table.
- ROH World Title Match: Kevin Steen defeated Homicide. Steen successfully defended the belt after a low blow behind the referee's back was followed up by an F5. Rhino came out after the match to stare Steen down.
- Tag Title Tournament Round 1: Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander defeated The Young Bucks. C&C progressed through to the next round after a second rope hurricanrana / frog splash combination.
- Charlie Haas comes out and calls Jim Cornette out saying that he and Shelton should be Tag champs. Rhett Titus cuts him off and after some verbal confontation, they agree to enter the tournament together as a team. They say they will fight each other when they eventually win the tournament.
- QT Marshall defeated Tadarius Thomas. Marshall picked up the win with an Alabama Slam.
- Mike Mondo defeated Mike Bennett, TJ Perkins, Roderick Strong, Jay Lethal and Tommaso Ciampa. The winner of this six man mayhem got a TV title shot at "Death Before Dishonor X." It was Mike Mondo who won that opportunity after a double arm DDT on Bennett.
- They hyped the next TV tapings in Baltimore (9/22) as "the biggest wrestling event in Baltimore history."
- Tag Title Tournament Round 1: Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs defeated The Bravados. Jacobs & Corino were put into the tournament after Haas & Titus joined forces which meant they were one team short. They say that Cornette made them put up their ROH contracts to enter so if they lose at any point during the tournament, they are gone from ROH. Jacobs & Corino pick up the win and after the match, the Guardians of Truth attack them. Steen comes out to make the save but then gets Gore'd by Rhino.
- Jay Lethal and Mike Mondo fought to a no contest. Lethal got on the mic before the match and said that he had spoke to Cornette about getting a World Title shot but was told he didn't have a killer instinct. At the beginning of the match, Lethal low blows Taven and then hits the Lethal Injection on the referee for what we assume will be a no contest.
- Tag Title Tournament Round 1: Rhett Titus & Charlie Haas defeated The Guardians of Truth. Titus managed to get the win for him and Haas after a roll-up on one of the Guardians. Corino and Jacobs ambush Guardians of Truth post-match.
- Tag Title Tournament Round 1: The Briscoes defeated The BLK Out. 'Dem Boys' dispatched of the newcomers Jeez & Ruckus after a froggy elbow drop by Mark Briscoe on Ruckus.
- Mike Sydal defeated Mike Bennett by count out. During the match, Mike Mondo came to ringside and kissed Maria. That forced Bennett to chase after him to the back and subsequently lose the match by countout.
- Tommaso Ciampa defeated Mike Posey. Ciampa apparently had some new entrance music and RD Evans joined Kevin Kelly & Nigel McGuinness on commentary. Ciampa easily won the match. Prince Nana attacked RD Evans after the match before Ciampa made the save.
- ROH World TV Title Match: Adam Cole and Michael Elgin fought to a no contest. The match was ended when referee Todd Sinclair was accidentally taken out by Cole who was in the midst of receiving a powerbomb from Elgin. Afterwards, the Guardians of Truth who were at ringside get attacked by Steen, Corino and Jacobs. Rhino then comes out to attack Steen and the episode ends with Strong and Elgin getting in each others faces once more.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.