|By Marc Middleton | August 13, 2012 | Comments|
Show with a big body shot on Punk. Show backs Punk onto the ropes and delivers another big chop to the chest. Punk fights back but Show catches him in a bear hug. Punk tries to make a comeback but Show drops him with a big backdrop. Show taunts Cena as Punk recovers. Punk fights back again but Show scoop slams him. Bryan tags himself in again and yells at Show to get out. They argue again. Show leaves the ring and takes a seat at ringside. Bryan unloads on Punk with kicks to the chest. Punk ducks one kick and takes Bryan down with another. Punk mocks Cena's sequence of moves and hits the shoulders, the back drop and the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena stops the Shuffle by tagging himself in. Cena hits the high knee in the corner and then the bulldog like Punk. Punk leaves the ring and Bryan rolls Cena up for 2. Cena comes back with the Attitude Adjustment on Bryan for the win as Show looks on from ringside.
- After the match, Cena celebrates and in comes Show. Punk makes the save and knocks Show down with the WWE Title belt. Cena and Punk stare each other down for a minute. Punk extends his hand for a shake but Cena won't accept it. Punk gets pissed and leaves the ring with the WWE Title. Punk walks straight to the back and Cena's music plays again.
- Josh Mathews catches Punk backstage and asks him what just happened. Punk says Cena went into business for himself and only cares about himself. Punk says Cena disrespected him by not shaking his hand. Punk says he's going to teach Cena and everyone about respect after SummerSlam on Sunday. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see Paul Heyman backstage talking with Brock Lesnar.
Damien Sandow vs. Christian
We go to the ring and out comes Damien Sandow. We get a look back at Sandow attacking Brodus Clay last week. Out next comes Christian.
They lock up and Sandow strikes first. Sandow whips Christian to the corner and hits him with shoulder thrusts. Sandow trips Christian and drops a big elbow for 2. Sandow runs into a big boot and misses a clothesline. Christian with right hands and a clothesline. Christian drops down with the big right hand and comes off the second rope with an elbow. Christian readies for the finish but Sandow rolls out to the ring. Christian comes out and Sandow rams his head repeatedly into the steel steps. Sandow brings it back in the ring but Brodus Clay's music hits and out he comes. Sandow is distracted and Christian gets a 2 count. Sandow comes right back with his finisher on Christian for the win.
Winner: Damien Sandow
- HBK is still walking around backstage paranoid. He runs into Brock Lesnar. Lesnar just stares him down and Shawn walks the other way. The contract signing is up next but Cole says Triple H still hasn't arrived. Back to commercial.
- Back from the commercial and out comes Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman.
They hit the ring and we've got the typical setup for a contract signing with table and chairs. Heyman introduces himself as the advocate for Brock Lesnar. Heyman brings up Triple H's flight delays tonight. Heyman says they believe that story because nobody wants the SummerSlam match more than Triple H. Heyman says Triple H needs it because this is the most personal fight of his career. Heyman goes on about Triple H. Heyman has the contract for the SummerSlam match. Heyman won't allow Lesnar to be held legally responsible for what happens to Triple H. Heyman talks about how brutal the match will be.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Today In Wrestling History 8/2: Ron Simmons Wins WCW Title, Famous 1996 G1 Climax Kicks Off
Roddy Piper On The Rock And Current Talent Showing Him Respect In One Of His Final Interviews
Update On New Gimmicks For Several WWE Talents
Daniel Bryan Talks Reaction To WWE Firing In 2010, If He Would Retire After Having A Child, More
More Dana White Backlash, CM Punk On Wrestling Being "Fake," Bully Ray Wants Apology, More
Former TNA Star Wants WrestleMania Moment; Talks His Faith, More
Tough Enough's Patrick And Mada Team Up In Indy Match (Video), Patrick Says He Equals Ratings
Breaking News: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead At 61
Rob Van Dam Confirms His WWE Status, Comments On Possibly Retiring From The Ring
WWE Officials Reportedly Want Tough Enough Competitor To Be Eliminated Next Tuesday
WWE Star Takes Homeless Couple To Restaurant, Returns With Big Group Due To "Distant" Manager
UFC 190: Rousey Vs. Correia Recap: Ronda Rousey Continues To Make History