- We see Vince McMahon's star on the Walk of Fame and see some celebrities in the crowd. Fred Durst flips the camera off. Former WCW Champion David Arquette has a title belt in the crowd. Maria Menounos is wearing a t-shirt with Bob Backlund and Pat Patterson.
- They plug WWE Studios' The Day and we see the cast in the crowd.
- Kevin Rudolf is on the stage to perform the SummerSlam theme.
- We get a video package for tonight's main event.
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
Justin Roberts foes formal ring introductions. The bell rings and a brawl begins. Lesnar thrusts Triple H back into the corner and works him over. Lesnar goes for a kimura lock in the corner but HHH breaks it. Lesnar with more thrusts and brawling. Lesnar goes for the kimura again and has it locked while Triple H is on the ropes but the hold isn't broken by the referee. More brawling in the corner until Lesnar gets sent out to the floor. Heyman tries to calm Lesnar down at ringside. Lesnar comes in and takes his gloves off. They knuckle up but Lesnar takes Triple H down and hits him with a big right hand in the back of the head. Triple H rolls to the floor and Lesnar follows him. They trade kicks on the floor and Triple H fights back. Lesnar with knees to the gut. Lesnar slams HHH into the announcers table, slamming him down on his arm. Lesnar comes back in the ring. Scott Armstrong doesn't count Triple H because of their talk earlier.
HHH comes back in but Lesnar slams him on the arm again. Lesnar goes for the kimura lock again but takes HHH to the corner and pulls the arm against the top rope. Lesnar stomps on HHH now. HHH tries to fight back but gets his arm locked up again by Lesnar. Lesnar tosses HHH shoulder first into the corner and he goes back down. Lesnar scoops HHH for the F5 but HHH counters it. Lesnar counters that with a German suplex throw. We see that Lesnar is bleeding a bit from his nose now. Lesnar stands on HHH's arm and stomps it. HHH comes back in the ring and they trade kicks. HHH with a DDT. Lesnar comes right back and works on the arm. Lesnar with another slam on top of the arm.
They go back to the floor and Lesnar throws HHH into the steel steps. Lesnar rams HHH back into the Spanish announcers table. Lesnar climbs on top of the tipped over table and leaps off onto HHH with a big right hand. They come back in the ring and Lesnar continues the attack. HHH tries to fight back but Lesnar rolls him up for a 2 count. Lesnar runs into HHH with a big clothesline. HHH blocks a suplex and hits one of his own. Lesnar charges in the corner but HHH ducks the clothesline. HHH goes for a Pedigree but can't. Lesnar sends HHH flying over the top rope.
HHH sends Lesnar into the announcers table now gut first. Lesnar comes back over and HHH hits him in the gut. Lesnar comes down and yells out about his stomach. Cole points out that Lesnar has a history of stomach problems. Lesnar rolls in the ring but is clutching his stomach in pain. HHH comes in now but Lesnar goes for the arm lock. HHH fights back with knees to the gut. HHH drops Lesnar with a running knee to the midsection. Another big shot from HHH. HHH with more knees to the gut now. HHH catches Lesnar with the big spinebuster now. HHH goes for a Pedigree again but Lesnar counters. Lesnar goes for the F5 but HHH counters with a Pedigree and Lesnar kicks out at 2.
HHH goes down after a blatant low blow from Lesnar. The referee just shakes his head and checks on HHH, asking him if he can continue. Heyman screams that HHH wanted a fight and got one. Lesnar goes for the F5 and this time nails it. HHH kicks out at 2. Lesnar goes back for the kimura lock but HHH fights him off. Lesnar drops HHH and has the kimura locked in this time. HHH puts his foot on the bottom rope for no reason. HHH finally breaks the hold. HHH grabs Lesnar and lays him down with a Pedigree. Lesnar still applies the kimura lock again. HHH won't tape until Lesnar tightens it. HHH finally taps out to end it.
Winner: Brock Lesnar
- After the match, Lesnar goes to ringside with Heyman as trainers come in to check on Triple H. The announcers fear that HHH's arm may be broke again as we go to replays. Lesnar leaves and his music stops. Triple H is shown in the ring trying to recover. The crowd chants his name as he pushes a trainer off. He tells the man to get out of the ring. The crowd breaks out in a brief "you tapped out" chant. HHH finally stands up and is met with a mixed reaction, mostly applause from the crowd. Now a Triple H chant breaks out. Triple H hangs around the ring for a few more minutes before exiting. HHH greets some fans at ringside as he makes his way up the ramp, slowly. It looks like he's getting emotional as he backs up the ramp and the crowd cheers. HHH heads to the back as Lawler speculates that he just said goodbye. SummerSlam goes off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.