|By Marc Middleton | August 21, 2012 | Comments|
- Up next, a #1 contender's Divas battle royal. We go to commercial.
#1 Contenders Battle Royal: Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Kaitlyn, Aksana, Natalya, Alicia Fox, Tamina, Rosa Mendes
WWE Divas Champion Layla is at ringside for this one. All the Divas stare at her while Tamina backs up and here we go. Rosa is beat up by Tamina and Aksana early. She comes back and tackles Aksana. They roll around the ring and under the bottom rope to the floor. Cole says they both are eliminated. Eve and Kaitlyn go at it now. Natalya and Natalya work to eliminate Kaitlyn but she fights back in. Natalya and Tamina double team Alicia Fox and try to double suplex her out of the ring. Alicia counters and sends them to the apron. Natalya comes in and rams Alicia back into the corner. Natalya gets eliminated. Tamina kicks Alicia out of the ring. Kaitlyn eliminates Tamina. Eve gets Kaitlyn from behind and tries to eliminate her but she hangs on. Kaitlyn with an uppercut and a clothesline but Eve doesn't go. Kaitlyn hits another clothesline and Eve is gone.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Kaitlyn
- Layla looks shocked at ringside as Kaitlyn celebrates in the ring. Layla claps for Kaitlyn and it appears Eve has a cut on her face.
- We get more stills from Lesnar vs. Triple H at SummerSlam. Cole shows us the beginning of RAW where Heyman bragged about Lesnar's victory. They finally show Brock Lesnar's new Tout video where he says he is leaving WWE for good.
- Up next is Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler with Jericho's contract and Ziggler's briefcase on the line. Back to commercial.
- We get another Wade Barrett vignette. His fists are his weapons of choice. His barrage cannot be stopped.
- Cole and Lawler plug the new WWE app.
- Vickie Guerrero is backstage talking to Dolph Ziggler about his match tonight. She says he must win for her tonight. Ziggler says he has to win this for himself and it's the biggest match of his career. Vickie is freaking out about how they have to win tonight. Dolph says they will win, grabs his briefcase and walks off. Back to commercial.
Contract vs. Contract Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho
Back from the break and out comes Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero. Out next comes Chris Jericho and his ribs are still taped up.
The bell rings and they lock up. Early pin attempts and holds back and forth. Jericho drops Ziggler with a big uppercut. Jericho takes Ziggler to the corner with right hands but Ziggler comes right back and beats him to the mat. Ziggler with an elbow drop and a 2 count. More back and forth. Jericho dropkicks Ziggler out to the floor and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler is in control. Ziggler drops a big elbow for another 2 count. Ziggler goes back to the headlock and takes Jericho down. Jericho back drops him. Ziggler runs into a boot in the corner. Jericho with a pair of shoulder blocks. Jericho goes to the top and crashes down on Ziggler as the crowd pops. Ziggler blocks the bulldog but they go to the corner. Jericho climbs up for a series of right hands and a scissors takedown. Jericho covers for a 2 count.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Juventud Guerrera Comments On His WWE Run, What Is He Doing Now?
Mick Foley Makes NXT TakeOver Prediction, Bill Apter Talks To Former TNA Star, WWE 2K16 Video
Batista Gets Married (Photo), WWE Releases Special Undertaker Magazine, WWE Hosts Komen Honorees
TNA Issues Statement On Championship Series, Matt Hardy Vacating Title
Triple H On Black World Champions In WWE, WWE Shop Sale, WWE Event Cancelled, Play WWE 2K16 Early
Corey Graves' Announcement Revealed, WWE NXT Diva Debut Rumor Update, Triple H Filming
Natalya Talks About Retirement Rumors, Why Paige Is A Hypocrite, Tyson Kidd's Health, More
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - John Cena Defends, Brock Lesnar - Big Show, Team BAD, Kane, More
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
Backstage Notes On John Cena's Time Off And Return, Speculation On WWE Pushing Dean Ambrose
Former TNA Star Says He's Talking With WWE
Backstage Note On Matt Hardy Vacating The TNA World Heavyweight Title