Weekend Recap: MITB PPV Buys, Rock Injured At 'Mania, Lesnar - Undertaker, Langston, More
|By Raj Giri||August 27, 2012 | Comments|
- During Saturday night's WrestleMania special on NBC, The Rock revealed that he tore his right hamstring in his match with John Cena at WrestleMania 28. The Rock provided an update on his injury on his Twitter account, writing, "Appreciate all your concerns - my hamstring is 100% healed. My @WWE family has worked thru much worse."
- According to F4WOnline, the fallout from SummerSlam and other parts of the Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H feud have been done to set up a potential Undertaker - Lesnar match at WrestleMania 29, if they ultimately decide to go in that direction.
- WWE revealed that this year's Money In The Bank pay-per-view in July did 196,000 buys (108K buys domestic, 88K buys international). It looks to have done slightly better than last year's event, which did 185,000 buys.
- WWE NXT star Big E. Langston scored several big victories over the weekend, defeating Tensai and Jack Swagger at WWE live events.
- Myself and former WWE creative writer Court Bauer looked back at SummerSlam last Monday afternoon, before that evening's RAW. The full audio is below. I started off the discussion asking Court about his feelings about the pay-per-view, and the conversation went from there.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.