|By Marc Middleton | August 27, 2012 | Comments|
Orton and Ziggler start things out locking up. Orton drops Ziggler with a shoulder and then clotheslines him. Orton with a slingshot suplex. Del Rio comes in but Orton tosses him to the floor. Sheamus leaps from the apron and takes Del Rio down with a shoulder. Orton connects with a powerslam on Ziggler. Ziggler rolls out to the floor as Sheamus and Orton stand tall in the ring. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler is in control of Orton. Orton fights back but Ziggler drops him with a knee to the gut for another pin attempt. Del Rio tags in for a bit of double teaming and another pin attempt. Del Rio charges in the corner and Orton moves. Orton with a 2 count roll up. Orton back drops Del Rio over the top and to the floor. Ricardo helps Del Rio back in the ring and he tags in Ziggler as Sheamus comes in. Sheamus unloads on Ziggler and hits a big knee to the face. Sheamus knocks Del Rio off the apron. Ziggler kicks Sheamus in the face and knocks Orton off the apron. Sheamus goes for White Noise but Ziggler rolls him up. Sheamus hits Irish Curse but Ziggler kicks out at 2 as Del Rio breaks the pin. Ziggler goes to use his briefcase after Ricardo slides it in but Orton catches him in the backbreaker. Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick on Ziggler for the win.
Winners: Randy Orton and Sheamus
- Lawler is backstage talking with John Cena about his match against CM Punk. Lawler doesn't want Cena's help because Punk will throw it in his face. Lawler says he is facing Punk for himself. Cena wishes him good luck and walks off. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see Kane attacking Josh Mathews backstage at SummerSlam.
Zack Ryder vs. David Otunga
Kane comes to ringside and Mathews gets up from commentary and runs off. Apparently Kane is doing commentary with Cole here. Zack Ryder comes out first followed by David Otunga.
The bell rings and Otunga strikes first. Otunga takes Ryder from corner to corner and beats him around. Otunga with a big clothesline and a running shoulder for a 2 count. Kane still hasn't said anything on commentary. Ryder starts to make a comeback but Otunga pulls him from the second rope. Ryder hits the Ruff Ryder for the win.
Winner: Zack Ryder
- After the match, Kane goes into the ring and grabs Ryder for a chokeslam. Kane hesitates and lets Ryder go. He then grabs Otunga and lays him out with a chokeslam.
- Punk is shown backstage getting ready for tonight's main event. Another plug for the Twitter poll before we go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Orton vs. Ziggler is announced for SmackDown.
- Josh Mathews is in the ring to announce the stipulation for Punk vs. Lawler. The fans have chosen a steel cage match. AJ Lee comes out and says regardless of tonight's outcome, Punk will defend the WWE Title at Night of Champions against her choice - John Cena. The steel cage is lowered over the ring. We see Lawler backstage walking as we go back to commercial.
Steel Cage Match: Jerry Lawler vs. CM Punk
Back from the break and Jerry Lawler makes his way out to the cage. WWE Champion CM Punk is out next.
Punk starts the match and wants to give Lawler the first punch. Lawler knocks Punk to the mat with a big right hand and shocks him. Punk takes control and hits a neckbreaker before taking Lawler to the mat. Punk continues to beat Lawler up. Punk goes to climb the cage and takes his time. Punk comes down from the top and splashes Lawler in the corner. Punk with a dropkick and more offense on Lawler.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Does Mick Foley Fear Kevin Owens?, The Miz Talks Ryback And Big Show, The Prime Time Players
Jose Aldo Vs. Conor McGregor Update, UFC Fight Night 70 Payroll, UFC Rankings Movement
Graphic Photo Of Tyson Kidd's Neck After Surgery
Bo Dallas Reacts To Segment With The Rock (Video), The Ascension On WWE Superstars, Tyson Kidd
** SPOILERS ** WWE Superstars Results For This Week
Sasha Banks Reveals Which Trainer Didn't Like Women's Wrestling; Talks Teaching NXT Class, Lots More
Title Match And More Added To Tonight's RAW
Big Show Says He Made Floyd Mayweather Break His Nose, Explains Original Plans For Match
Dolph Ziggler On Why He Re-Signed With WWE
Backstage News On Why James Storm And Magnus Are Leaving TNA, Other Departures Expected, More
TNA Slammiversary Results: King Of The Mountain, Unsanctioned Match, Knockouts, More
Two More Big TNA Departures