|By Marc Middleton | August 28, 2012 | Comments|
Zack Ryder vs. David Otunga
Kane comes to ringside and Mathews gets up from commentary and runs off. Apparently Kane is doing commentary with Cole here. Zack Ryder comes out first followed by David Otunga.
The bell rings and Otunga strikes first. Otunga takes Ryder from corner to corner and beats him around. Otunga with a big clothesline and a running shoulder for a 2 count. Kane still hasn't said anything on commentary. Ryder starts to make a comeback but Otunga pulls him from the second rope. Ryder hits the Ruff Ryder for the win.
Winner: Zack Ryder
- After the match, Kane goes into the ring and grabs Ryder for a chokeslam. Kane hesitates and lets Ryder go. He then grabs Otunga and lays him out with a chokeslam.
- Punk is shown backstage getting ready for tonight's main event. Another plug for the Twitter poll before we go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Orton vs. Ziggler is announced for SmackDown.
- Josh Mathews is in the ring to announce the stipulation for Punk vs. Lawler. The fans have chosen a steel cage match. AJ Lee comes out and says regardless of tonight's outcome, Punk will defend the WWE Title at Night of Champions against her choice - John Cena. The steel cage is lowered over the ring. We see Lawler backstage walking as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Jerry Lawler makes his way out to the cage. WWE Champion CM Punk is out next.
Punk starts the match and wants to give Lawler the first punch. Lawler knocks Punk to the mat with a big right hand and shocks him. Punk takes control and hits a neckbreaker before taking Lawler to the mat. Punk continues to beat Lawler up. Punk goes to climb the cage and takes his time. Punk comes down from the top and splashes Lawler in the corner. Punk with a dropkick and more offense on Lawler.
Punk climbs back to the top but Lawler knocks him off. Lawler tries to escape out of the cage door but Punk pulls him back in and drops a series of elbows. Lawler blocks a neckbreaker and shoves Punk into the cage. Lawler makes a comeback and unloads on Punk. Lawler goes to the second rope and pulls his strap down. Lawler connects with the big right hand but Punk kicks out at 2. Lawler goes to escape but Punk stops him. Punk hits the knee in the corner and they both go down. Punk gets up and calls for GTS. Punk instead slams Lawler and applies the Anaconda Vice for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
- Punk is busted open and bleeding. It takes him a few second to break the hold on Lawler. Punk grabs a mic and then a toolbox from under the ring. Punk empties it out and brings a chain in the ring. He chains the cage door shut with he and Lawler inside of it. Punk grabs Lawler and wants him to say that Punk is the best in the world. Lawler says hell no and Punk hits him with a bunch of elbows. Punk declares he is the best wrestler in the world and wants Lawler to say it. Punk mounts him with right hands when John Cena runs out. Cena tries to get in the cage and tells the crew to raise the cage up. Cena yells at Punk that he's crossed the line and Lawler has had enough. Punk drops knees on Lawler as Cena looks on. The cage starts to raise and Punk rolls out with the WWE Title as Cena checks on Lawler. The crowd boos Punk as he heads up the ramp with his hand in the air. Punk walks to the back and RAW goes off the air with trainers checking on Lawler in the ring.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Today In Wrestling History 5/30: Shawn Michaels Fired, Jim Duggan Nearly Dies From Injury, And More
Samoa Joe Note, WWE Diva With NXT Star At Live Event, Steamiest Love Triangles, WWE In Greensboro
WWE Announces Guest Host For Upcoming RAW
Shaq On How Long He Could Last With Ronda Rousey, UFC Raises Minimum Fight Pay, UFC 188 Trailer
WWE Live Event Results From Raleigh (5/29): John Cena Cage Match Headlines, Rusev's Replacement
The Rock's New Movie Exceeds Expectations, Is Set To Be His Biggest Opener
Neville On If He Misses NXT, Wanting Match With Daniel Bryan, His Ambitions
Brock Lesnar Working First House Show In Eleven Years, Opponent Revealed
Brock Lesnar Returning To WWE Television
Possible Replacement For Rusev At WWE Elimination Chamber, Backstage Notes On His Injury
More On Kevin Owens Moving To Main Roster, His NXT Status
Former WCW Tag Team Champion Signs WWE Legends Deal, Talks Infamous Shockmaster Incident